No BB "DH" trails this Sat (Oct 09)

TYM

Monkey
Sep 10, 2001
Torrance CA
From TBB website

SPORTS & BEGINNERS = "WESTRIDGE"

EXPERTS = A COMBINATION OF "LOG CHUTE", "THE BOWL", AND "SUMMIT TRAIL"

NOTE: ALL OF SNOW SUMMIT'S DH TRAILS WILL BE CLOSED TO PUBLIC DURING PRACTICE AND RACING

That was nice of them to think of the non-racers. Guess we'll have to ride the "illegal" trails.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Tym, wanna hit up Wilson late Friday afternoon or Saturday instead of trying vainly to ride BB? I have an interview on Friday again. Looks like I might not have a place to crash, tho, so I might head home afterward.

MD

TYM

Monkey
Sep 10, 2001
Torrance CA
Won't be off work in time Friday. Sat sounds good. Then hit up BB Sunday I guess. Let's work out the details later this week.

Orvan

Mar 5, 2002
Califor-N.I.A.
TYM said:
From TBB website

SPORTS & BEGINNERS = "WESTRIDGE"
Where is the Freeride class running?
Summit to the huck a rock section under the lift, down the face and turn right and run down straight through the steep slope (right under the lift line), ala Krank 1 craze, all the way down to the bottom?

Long live RM7

ibismojo

Monkey
Nov 6, 2001
San Diego
heh, well, along with the calstate series, UCSD will also be hosting the WCCC race, so most likely a bunch it'll be a bit overcrowded for the general public to jump in.

R

Rabie

MikeD said:
Tym, wanna hit up Wilson late Friday afternoon or Saturday instead of trying vainly to ride BB? I have an interview on Friday again. Looks like I might not have a place to crash, tho, so I might head home afterward.

MD
I think the Angeles National forest, including the Wilson/JPL trails are closed for fire danger. If not, I'd probably be down to ride Sat.

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Angeles National Forest
701 North Santa Anita Ave.
Arcadia, CA 91006

(626) 574-1613

From the forest servc. website. I'll try to call them later...if someone can call and verify sooner, please post it.

R

Rabie

MikeD said:
Crap. Thanks for the info.
I'm still down to ride somewhere if you come up with something. Otherwise it's gonna be a whole day of 2N10 to Darkside.

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Is the Cleveland Nat'l Forest in the OC closed, too?

MD