Quantcast

No big deal or anything but...

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
When I was riding on one of the local trails in Santa Cruz this evening I ended up running into Steve Peat and Nathan Rennie! I shot the **** with them for a while. They were out there doing a photo session for a new Santa Cruz ad. So rad. Anyways, just thought I would share.

I asked them about training, picked up some tips. =] Pretty nice guys.

Mountain_Dewd

Monkey
May 30, 2005
whis
thats tight dude

speaking of santa cruz ads there is the sickest shot of peaty in a two page spread at the begining of the lastest decline.

Layed so far over foot out moto style through some soft stuff. its rad.

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
Damn - that's pretty awesome.

I've never met either one of them, but I imagine they are probably two of the coolest / nicest guys out there on the DH scene. Loads of knowledge between the two of them.

So what did they have to say about training tips?

I don't know if Rennie is going to the U.S. Open, but if he does it'll be interesting to see if he's running the new Kendas or the special Maxxis "Black Label" tires...:biggrin:

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Yeah they said they went riding DH up in Oakland this last week. They apparently haven't even really been riding DH locally except for yesterday.

Forest is an awesome guy and he was out there shooting them yesterday. I met forest at last years Seaotter when he was wearing his skin suit. haha goodtimes.

They said they rode some XC up in the UCSC campus this week for fun. I asked if they did it for training and they said they only do it for fun/for ****s and giggles with their friends. They said they were riding nomads for that. I also asked if they were staying locally. They said they were staying near the Santa Cruz factory (I am pretty familiar with the area) so I mentioned the local brewery, they laughed and said they have been there, more than a couple times. We all had a good laugh.

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
any day on a bike is a good day.
some are better than others.

sounds like yours was one of the better ones.

dexter

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Boise, Idaho
rennie is the f'n man. when i rode for rpm i would cruz over to the yeti tent and shoot the **** with him for hours on end. learned a lot from him, some good stuff some bad (such as dont touch the brakes and ride 110% if you think you can, lead to some nasty crashes but some sweet runs and finishes) great guy. never talked to peaty but would love to sit down with him over a couple beers and shoot the ****

Boxxer

Monkey
Jul 18, 2005
Dirty South
Im doin pro drinkin' with Joe Prisel this week. Im already in the dog house with my woman and its only wednesday.:plthumbsdown: :plthumbsdown: :plthumbsdown:

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
Nah, I'm 6'1 and I have a lot of tall friends. I actually thought they were shorter than I thought they would be. Rennie was so thick...
It's been decided - this will be on the T-shirt I have made up for the U.S. Open.

When people ask, I'll just say "I met him this one time when I was out riding...he was magnificent"

:biggrin: :rofl:

...and YES he DOES have the goddamn common courtesy to give someone the reach-around.