Quantcast

No-Footed Drops.

jeff da grom

Monkey
Apr 20, 2007
Long Island
I spent all fall/winter/early spring working on my dirt jumping and now that I feel confident riding the mounds of dirt on my HT, it's time to go back to DH season again.

How do you throw tricks in of drops? I'm used to throwing tricks in that second of air when you are neither rising or falling. When doing a drop, I never have that feeling, so simple things like no-footers seem really difficult. And anything above a bunnyhop off a curb, I can't quite seem to take my feet off the pedals.

What is the proper technique to doing no-footed drops and not sucking the bike up to your body? (if you want to kick a foot over the toptube or whatever).

-jeff

jeff da grom

Monkey
Apr 20, 2007
Long Island
That's about what i'm looking to do. It's not the size of the drop, It's how you use it. lol.

I have some local drops ranging from about 2 ft, to well over the size of RTN. The size isn't the issue, it's the technique.

Are you bunnyhopping on the porch @ phantom to do that, or just kicking em off on the way down?

ZHendo

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2006
PNW
i personally prefer tables and no handers to no footers if you're looking at a comparable level of difficulty, but suit yourself...