Quantcast

No Trail Is Sacred or Secret Now!

FFAT

Monkey
Oct 2, 2005
San Diego
If you haven't downloaded www.earth.google.com, get it. Once you have this freeware program loaded you can virtually ride your favorite trail from your freakin' computer!

This is a large file but well worth it. It's so good, it's scary.

The Man is watching.

Manny :drool:

FFAT

Monkey
Oct 2, 2005
San Diego
Dexter D, the download is worth it! The high rez pix of your house are waiting!

I'm still trippin' out on it!

manny

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
Today, I looked at mexico, central america, antarctica, s. america. I could do it for days. I was looking in San luis (morning glory) and santa barbara (tunnel/CS) for trails, but I couldn't find them. Can anyone find them. I know where they are, but not exactly the trail head.

Thrillkil

Monkey
May 25, 2005
Isla Vista, CA
I found tunnel - the trick is to look for those 4 rocks at the top - they're hard to see at full zoom, so pull back a bit and they stand out fine

FFAT

Monkey
Oct 2, 2005
San Diego
yeah, your computer should be up to date. some places don't have high rez but most American cities are.

Vancouver is sick too! I Horseshoe Bay as awesome as it looks?!

lux

Monkey
Mar 25, 2004
Wilmington, NC
Just virtual earthed the best trails around here, moved up the old country road a bit and, I think, might have found what looks like about about 20 miles or so of singletrack.

I'm shirking work and heading out there right now for a look see. I'll report back on my findings.

Thanks.

And I looked at the roof of my apartment. Nuts.

rideagainst

Monkey
Apr 8, 2004
CA
mtnbrider said:
Today, I looked at mexico, central america, antarctica, s. america. I could do it for days. I was looking in San luis (morning glory) and santa barbara (tunnel/CS) for trails, but I couldn't find them. Can anyone find them. I know where they are, but not exactly the trail head.
It also helps to look for the water towers at the top of Cold Springs and Tunnel. I found CS in about 1 minute.

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
I found cold springs, (actually i found two trails, i don't know which is it). Is it the more northern one or the more eastern trail coming down off the road? I don't think there is a water tower in the image. These may be old images.

DH biker

Turbo Monkey
Dec 12, 2004
North East
Mountains look great when you don't look at them from above but instead look at them from say the base of the mountain it is awesome.

500 posts for DH biker :thumb: :D ;)

FFAT

Monkey
Oct 2, 2005
San Diego
They're working on some MAC love. For now, cruise of to your friend's house and check it out. Don't touch the PC keyboard, you might burn yourself ; )

I've located the trails in Ensenada for the race this weekend and on November 27th.

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
I had that problem after downloading a few months ago. After re formatting my computer which solved a number of problems, it works.

Delete it. Try downloading it again. Re formating and installing the programs again is a pain in the a**.