Quantcast

No, you can't talk you your mom who's in Iraq

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Well, at least the kid got a 10 day vacation. Schools are getting pretty stupid these days.

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
the kid should have walked off campus.....and not cussed at the teachers.

Ridemonkey

This is not an active account
Sep 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
pnj said:
the kid should have walked off campus.....and not cussed at the teachers.
Damn right. He shouldn't have a cell phone at school at any time. If high schools don't become institutions of learning again, this country is going to become a second rate power.

Ridemonkey

This is not an active account
Sep 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
I'm also sick and tired of seeing these non-important issues on national news. How are teachers supposed to do their jobs with this BS going on all the time?

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
Ridemonkey said:
I'm also sick and tired of seeing these non-important issues on national news. How are teachers supposed to do their jobs with this BS going on all the time?
Why don't you support the troops?

steelewheels

Monkey
Oct 26, 2001
Ridemonkey said:
Keep the people pre-occupied with trivial matters so they wont see the real problems and while you at it keep'em reallllll dumb.

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
Mums always have trouble with this time difference thing and end up ringing at inopportune times. Whenever my old girl rings she has to ask what the time is there and I tell her that as usual, since neither of us has summer time ever that the time difference is one hour. We are 1 hour ahead of you the same as we have been for the 8 years I've lived here. Now that's only 1 hour and see the utter confusion that ensues. Imagine what a 10 hour difference will do or whatever it is between Cornhole USA and Eyeraq. Complete and utter anarchy by the looks of it. Of course this could all be fixed if the whole world was on Texas time. There's a cause to get behind.

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
Ridemonkey said:
Actually, the real issue is that fact that millions of assholes in this country still can't figure out when to turn off their ****ing phones... ;)

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Ridemonkey said:
Damn right. He shouldn't have a cell phone at school at any time. If high schools don't become institutions of learning again, this country is going to become a second rate power.
Dude, it was lunchtime. (altho your average 15 year old doesn't need a cell phone anyways). In this case, give the kid a break.

Rules just for the sake of rules.

The Kadvang

I rule
Apr 13, 2004
six five oh
Transcend said:
Dude, it was lunchtime. (altho your average 15 year old doesn't need a cell phone anyways). In this case, give the kid a break.

Rules just for the sake of rules.
He was 17... at my school at least, everyone that old has a phone, and them not letting him talk to his mom who was in fvcking Iraq is plain rediculous. If anyone at school told me to hang up AT LUNCH when I was talking to my mom who was off fighting for her country in Iraq I would have told them to go fvck themselves too.

The Kadvang

I rule
Apr 13, 2004
six five oh
Ridemonkey said:
At lunch man? You obviously haven't been around any high school for a while... I see phones, especially at lunch, on a near constant basis, and really don't see how it interferes with learning in the slightest bit. At my school, certainly, phone use is the least of the stuff that goes on.

.:Jeenyus:.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 23, 2004
slc
The Kadvang said:
At lunch man? You obviously haven't been around any high school for a while... I see phones, especially at lunch, on a near constant basis, and really don't see how it interferes with learning in the slightest bit. At my school, certainly, phone use is the least of the stuff that goes on.
:stupid: I can see that happening during class, but definitely not at lunch. About 8 out of every 10 kids have cell phones here and about half of them use it during lunch. There is no way you could regulate something like that.

It always is amusing to see someone get bitched out by a teacher for forgetting to turn their cell off during class though.

jon cross

Monkey
Jan 27, 2004
Banner Elk, NC
the issue isn't that he took the call, but how he reacted to being told to hang up. The story goes that he blew up at the teacher and used profanity etc... He isn't in trouble for taking a call, he's in trouble for flipping out when told to hang up. If I was in his shoes I would probably have been pissed, but probably ignored the teacher, gone somewhere else etc... He could have reacted differently.

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
Bwahahahaha....just googled this high school for some info and got some place in Iowa. On the first page in big red letters it said "We are not the school in Georgia were some student got suspended".....hehehehehehe

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
valve bouncer said:
Bwahahahaha....just googled this high school for some info and got some place in Iowa. On the first page in big red letters it said "We are not the school in Georgia were some student got suspended".....hehehehehehe
http://www.spencer.k12.ia.us/highschool/high.html

bwhahahahahahahahahahaha....
how awesome!!!!!!!!

reminds me of this crapatastic law school here in Peru, where there was a chalkboard in the main door that read "please dont steal the toilet papers or we will be forced to check bags when leaving the building"...
bwhahahahahahahaha... 3rd world at its greatest...

kinghami3

Future Turbo Monkey
Jun 1, 2004
Ballard 4 life.
jon cross said:
the issue isn't that he took the call, but how he reacted to being told to hang up. The story goes that he blew up at the teacher and used profanity etc... He isn't in trouble for taking a call, he's in trouble for flipping out when told to hang up. If I was in his shoes I would probably have been pissed, but probably ignored the teacher, gone somewhere else etc... He could have reacted differently.
I'm a pretty passive guy, but if someone tried to get between me and my mom whom I haven't seen since January and might not ever see again, I would flip out. I blame the teachers in this one for pure lack of common sense. Also, in most places you can't leave the campus unless you're a senior.