Quantcast

Noble Canyon

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
Couple weeks back my buddies an I headed down to Noble Canyon for a ride, been here 3+ years and this is the first time I have made it down there.

I know there are a lot of people who shuttle this trail (or used to), but think the route we took was a great all mountain ride and was probably a lot more fun than just shuttling it – and this is from someone who is not in shape right now (damn work!).

Picture time!

Heading out is a short easy climb with some rocky sections, pretty easy but fun:

This is rare… someone is actually BEHIND me!!!

Didn’t last long

Uh oh… mechanical #1 for Slugman:

Damnit… #2 (broken chain)

Kyle practices some rock climbing while he waits

Back on the trail

At this point we hit a great fun flowy fast section, lasted for about a mile or so – was a BLAST.

I tried to get some pictures while I rode…

Nice thought… but no. Last one was by accident because I needed to grab onto the bars.

Anyway after that we hit a road, and it’s not that I mind pedaling… but I would rather be on dirt!

Poor little fella

Finally an end to the pavement… rest stop before we continue on the dirt

He has been here a while…

So then it was a short fireroad down, again tons of fun with little ups that all the XC boys were jumping… but then it was time to climb again:

Some scenery shots

Then we get to the top, my roommate had already been there about 20 to 30 minutes waiting for us… that is what you get for being so damn fast! But the climbing is not over yet – on last short section:

At this point we were pretty far along and the trail was awesome – fun fast flowy section that went up, but if you pumped it you didn’t even have to pedal:

Cool scenery up here:

Then Mechanical #3 – but at least it wasn’t mine this time!!! Took dave about 30 min to change his flat… we’re signing him up for a bike mechanic classes

We are waiting!

Finally:

Shortly after this we hit pavement again… but it was over quickly enough

Back to single track goodness:

Padding up before a very long and very fun downhill section:

Not a lot of images form the DH run – was a total blast and we were moving. We did stop and play on a few spots, so here they are:

Then we were out. It was an awesome ride – 20+ miles and 3000’ + of climbing. We were a little tired, some more than others:

But overall very happy.

Speakign of happiness – We stopped by the stone brewery on the way back. Awesome food and lots of stone beer :drool:

Got some to go:

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Noble Canyon rules. Some time ago LOOnatic took me to Anderson during the day followed by a night ride down Noble. Awesomely good times. Thanks for the pics.

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
Noble Canyon rules. Some time ago LOOnatic took me to Anderson during the day followed by a night ride down Noble. Awesomely good times. Thanks for the pics.
I've heard some good things about Anderson... just have not made it there yet.

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
great pics - that post ride beer looks good too!

How do you like the Titan as a Trail Bike Hardtail?
I love it. Built up at about 30lbs.

My buddy borrowed it for a trip to Sedona / Flagstaff / South Mountain in Phoenix - he is thinking about getting one now.

Riding

Monkey
Dec 19, 2006
Millis, MA
MMcG you can try mine if you come up to Nam, it's roughly the same build as Slugman's, though maybe a little heavier. Just let me know and if I'm not on the ride I'll have on of the guys bring it for you.

At Borderland the other day I found that mine is very bouncy. Going through a downsloping rock garden, I bounced completely off the seat and pedals.

Slugman, Since the aforementioned bounce. I'm back on the Bullit, so you're more than welcome to use the Titan anytime you make it back out here, assuming we don't ride somewhere too XC.

Riding

Monkey
Dec 19, 2006
Millis, MA
Yeah, my legs are still a little weak from being off the bike. I definitely sat back down when going through some of the technical areas or more like I collapsed down onto the seat. The silver turtle said he could actually see the seat post flexing under my enormous weight a couple times.

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
Yeah, my legs are still a little weak from being off the bike. I definitely sat back down when going through some of the technical areas or more like I collapsed down onto the seat. The silver turtle said he could actually see the seat post flexing under my enormous weight a couple times.
Ouch... but at least you did it on a hardtail :biggrin:

jnev

Chimp
Feb 25, 2007
san diego, ca
damn, I've been meaning to go to noble canyon for the longest time... still haven't had a chance to go there. after seeing those pics though, I will DEFINITELY try to make it out there this summer...

Indian Creek

Chimp
Jun 1, 2003
Slugman, I'm the guy that rode by you when one member of your party was fixing a flat, and then again on lower Noble. I forgot to mention that instead of taking Pine Mountain trail north to Sunrise Highway, we usually continue down the backside of Indian Creek; what we call "Pinball." Then, we climb up to Noble Canyon trail, then ride it the final 2 or 3 miles up to the top at Sunrise Highway. Next time you ride Noble, try this route; Pinball will not disappoint!