Quantcast

Noble?

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
Ok - been here 3+ years and still have not ridden there, figured this weekend would be a good one for it.

Roommate and friends want to go, but they are more XC guys (NTTAWWT).

Anyone up for some trail riding with a possible shuttle thrown in? Not sure what to expect, but I travel for work so much that I'm a bit out of shape and don't want to go there and just climb the entire time. I don't want to skip the climbs either... just looking for the right balance.

Ozzer

Monkey
Dec 21, 2003
Life Ends at 619
When you shuttle it and do the whole Sunrise Hwy to Campground point to point ride, there is still some climbing. It you condone suffering, PM Aquaholic and he'll show you the scenic way up to the top without shuttling.

Edgy

Monkey
May 1, 2003
O.C
Slugo,

Noble reminds me of sjt...about as difficult on the shuttle. Never done the up and down so I can't comment on that way but your buds should have enough pedaling in there if they shuttle with you. What day and time are you considering. It's a bit of a drive from the OC. I might be down..it sure is fun.

The_Sluck

Chimp
May 14, 2007
If this is a Mon ride, I'm down...
careful when you ride with Oz. that guy's gnarcore :crazy: he'll make you do all the hard stuff then laugh at you when you pull one of these.

but that's okay cuz you'll probably get up smiling like this anyway

sunny

Grammar Civil Patrol
Jul 2, 2004
Sandy Eggo, CA
OOO! OOO! Me! Me! I wanna go too! I'll even climb it if I have to.

Only drawback... I can't go Saturday through Tuesday. :( But I'm good Wed and Fri! Please let me know if you go on a Wed or Friday.

-laura

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
If this is a Mon ride, I'm down...
Last thing I want to do is be in that traffic... I think I'll be riding local OC on Monday.

Anyone up for soem SJT or laguna stuff on Monday?
OOO! OOO! Me! Me! I wanna go too! I'll even climb it if I have to.

Only drawback... I can't go Saturday through Tuesday. :( But I'm good Wed and Fri! Please let me know if you go on a Wed or Friday.

-laura
Ummm... Sat to Tue is the weekend. Sorry, but Tuesday thru thursday I'm in Miami.

Edgy

Monkey
May 1, 2003
O.C
Keep me posted on your ride plans. My DH bike is on strike so trail it is for me. Don't let me discourage you from Noble..it will put a smile on your face but yeah with holiday traffic perhaps another weekend or we can just hit the road at like 6 am.

Ozzer

Monkey
Dec 21, 2003
Life Ends at 619
If you get done by 12-1, you should be ok driving back up before the rush. If we start at 8-8:30, in 2-3 runs, you guys shld be done by 12-12:30.

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
Looks like we're going to hit it on Saturday, climbing all the way... pace will be slow on account of me.

Afterwards we are going to hit the Stone brewery.

Ozzer - I may come back down on Monday too... I'll keep ya posted.

dft

Chimp
Apr 27, 2004
Call me a wennie but i cannot understand why a person would intentionally NOT shuttle Noble.
You still do plenty of climbing..........:nopity:
some people actually like to get lot of exercise while riding. i have climbed noble twice in one day on a 41 pound bike.
to me, noble is fun, but vastly overated. many flat sections, its an XC cruiser ride.

sunny

Grammar Civil Patrol
Jul 2, 2004
Sandy Eggo, CA
some people actually like to get lot of exercise while riding. i have climbed noble twice in one day on a 41 pound bike.
to me, noble is fun, but vastly overated. many flat sections, its an XC cruiser ride.
Wow. If only we all could have your athletic prowess and charm...

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
Keep me posted on your ride plans.
Plan is - depart RSM around 7am, pick up one dude along the way. There are 4 of us so my truck is full.

Ride - all mountain ride, no shuttle.

Afterwards hit the stone brewery for some joy, then head back to the OC and a freind is getting UFC.

You game? Anyone else?