Quantcast

Nokian NBX Tires and all other FR tires

Racillo

Chimp
Nov 23, 2005
Lima, Peru
hi, give your opinion about your tire, freeride tires go from 520 grms to 1,200 grms, folding, wire, etc..................................

LIPS

Chimp
Jul 19, 2005
Portland
I bought a Kona Stinky that came with the NBX and I hate them. I ride in the Pacific northwest (rain,snow, and roots) I put them on my trail bike. and put my WTB Timberwolfs 2.5 on the Stinky, this tire I love. So when I get my Christmas money I'm gonna get some 2.3 Timberwolfs for my trail bike. I don't know what I'm gonna do with the NBX but they will not find themselves on another bike I own.

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
I love my Nokians for my DH bike, but for something you have to pedal, and need to really think about rotating mass, they were just to heavy.

I went to Swampthings for the mud, and Weirwolves for the rest of the year. Debating the Larsen TT 2.35 for summer months.

SXtrailrider

Turbo Monkey
Aug 27, 2005
specialized 2.4 enduro tubless great for pedaling and havn't had one pinch flat. the side nobs are ok but i wouldn't use then to turn sharp at high speeds they slip. good thing pritty good tracktion no pinch flats and only weighs like 750g

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
I like my Kenda, DH, wire bead, Nevegal 2.35s for FR/TR riding and I like my Minion 2.7/2.5 SRY for DH.

WKC

Monkey
Feb 23, 2005
Down in the G-Spot
I run Kenda Kinetics 2.6 DH tires on my Gemini, and they are amazing. They pedal and roll EXTREMELY well, get traction on anything, corner very well, and have retarded thick sidewalls; I run about 26psi all the time. You can also pick up a pair almost anywhere for under $85, which is much cheaper than Maxxis and Nokian.

My next pick would have to be the Timberwolves. Those and the Kinetics go hand in hand.