Quantcast

Non-Bike related post, kinda...

t1maglio

Monkey
Oct 29, 2001
southern wisconsin
Hey Guys. Its been a while. My wife decided to walk out on me 2 months ago so that has sort of occupied my attention, but the weather is getting better (and my demeanor) so I decided to share my newest garage addition. We had just gotten a Cooper S for my wife, but when she left I couldn't really afford to keep my Rubicon (gas wise). With just the dog and myself we didn't need much of a car, just something small, economical, and, uh, fast :biggrin: so I got a Cooper S of my own. The Thule rack is slick and will come in handy for trail runs this summer (and my little trip to JoMo-Pro this weekend).

Anyway, hope all of you are well.

The garage kit...

JGill

Monkey
Jul 7, 2008
Norman, OK
Man you got the dog, a sweeeet new car, several bikes, a motorcycle, and a garage...talk about a support group! Sorry to hear about you're split though and hope you are well and beat the funk soon.

j.les

Monkey
Jul 21, 2007
Chicago
Hey man, sorry to hear that.

Women come and go, but if you take care of your toys, they will serve you well.

t1maglio

Monkey
Oct 29, 2001
southern wisconsin
Wow, thanks for the support guys, I really appreciate it. I will be ok, and granted this is all material stuff, but bikes have opened the door to my most solid friends, which in times like this make all the difference.

S4sean, there is something about a rack on a car that just improves the way it looks :-)

A Grove

Monkey
Nov 20, 2007
State College, PA
Man I'm real sorry to hear about that... But I must say-you have one HELL of a quiver for sure... The nice thing about your "materialistic" items is that when the times are rough, throw a leg over a bike/moto, or punch the pedal to the floor and suddenly, things dont seem as bad ;) thats a speed triple, yes?

don

Turbo Monkey
Nov 8, 2001
Rumson, NJ
I was working on my pump track/DJ piece in my backyard last week and was wondering where you've been - one of the berms I was shaping reminded me about your setup you posted a few months ago.

Real sorry to hear about the wife. Marriage (and kids) can be the most difficult thing at times. Sometimes it's just not meant to be. One thing that brings me back to some level of normality is diggin' at the trails and riding the bike. Looks like it works for you as well.

BTW, how is your pump and flow track working?

cmc

Turbo Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
austin
Hey Guys. Its been a while. My wife decided to walk out on me 2 months ago so that has sort of occupied my attention, but the weather is getting better (and my demeanor) so I decided to share my newest garage addition. We had just gotten a Cooper S for my wife, but when she left I couldn't really afford to keep my Rubicon (gas wise). With just the dog and myself we didn't need much of a car, just something small, economical, and, uh, fast :biggrin: so I got a Cooper S of my own. The Thule rack is slick and will come in handy for trail runs this summer (and my little trip to JoMo-Pro this weekend).

Anyway, hope all of you are well.
Weather and trails are rockin in Austin.... U are welcome to come ride with my crew.

t1maglio

Monkey
Oct 29, 2001
southern wisconsin
Don, its a big muddy mess, we just had snow on Saturday, tons of rain last week, it was actually getting to where I could ride it, but I'm a ways out now.

CMC, I was really close to driving your way as well after I hit Joplin. I think we are just going to stay local, but who knows. My buddy works at the Park there and they just got some dirt for trails so we might be putting in some work of our own.

Agrove, its actually the little brother, the Street Triple. My first bike and I liked the idea of a lower seat, a lot less weight, and a bit less power. I could definitely bump up now, but its probably a good idea to keep myself a little tame.

Its good to be back, guys.

A Grove

Monkey
Nov 20, 2007
State College, PA
Its not really about the power-output but rather the fun you have while riding ;) Triumph did an awesome job with the triples. I'd love to own one... but I must say, I love my bike to the point that I cannot justify ever getting rid of it. You'll laugh.. but I have two vintage Honda cb550's. a '75 and a '77. Considered the worlds first superbike, actually.... Mines no-where NEAR stock anymore. I put a lot of blood sweat and tears into making it "mine." But I wouldn't have it any other way. Bored to a 610, high-comp pistons, race-ground cam, cr carbs, ports, and tons more... Along with the custom metalwork and clip-ons it makes for a sweet ride (all my opinion of course..)

poor-quality cell pic the day I got it on the road... This was prior to the "real work". AKA looks muchh better now

sorry for the threadjack... but I figured you might like to see. As all motorcyclist have interest in anything on two-wheels and an engine ;)

JGill

Monkey
Jul 7, 2008
Norman, OK
Wow, thanks for the support guys, I really appreciate it. I will be ok, and granted this is all material stuff, but bikes have opened the door to my most solid friends, which in times like this make all the difference.

S4sean, there is something about a rack on a car that just improves the way it looks :-)
The dog isn't a material possession!

t1maglio

Monkey
Oct 29, 2001
southern wisconsin
Agrove, dig the ride. Bikes are sweet regardless.

JGill, heck ya Ruben isn't a material possession. I haven't had a dog since I was in middle school and he gets me through the day to day. Definitely makes the house seem a lot less empty. Dogs are definitely a good thing, even Bulldogs that snore, grunt, fart, and burp :-)

JGill

Monkey
Jul 7, 2008
Norman, OK
Yeah, my ex gave my dog away while I was at work the day after we called things off, and I found out a month later from her sister that she dumped it off at her dad's house way out in the country... he didn't like pets and refused to ever let one be in the house. Des (the dog) was the love of my life and knowing that she was disregarded like that broke my heart. This was almost 5 years ago and it still bums me out. Especially those warm days in the car with her window down and head out the window enjoying the weather haha.

Even though she ate ALL my socks, now I feel bad for ever getting mad at her haha. Throw up a picture of Ruben if you have one.

Last edited: