Quantcast

nonsense!

Mitch

Monkey
Dec 4, 2003
PEI, Canada
Latest post from my workplace

Bike Racks - May 4, 2004
With the nice weather finally upon us, could we please ask that the bike racks be utilized to store your bikes for the duration of your shift. With the nice weather also comes the mud, and the coat room is starting to show the wears of this. Thank you for your cooperation.

Garbage I say. I'd like to see them lock a $3000 bike out back in a dark alley unmonitored. Sure you can lock the frame to the rack...... Time to get a crappy bike to commute to work with I geuss.

Kornphlake

Turbo Monkey
Oct 8, 2002
Portland, OR
Originally posted by Mitch
Time to get a crappy bike to commute to work with I geuss.
I'm absolutely positive that's what your employer would say if you mentioned the value of your bike. Luckily I live 30 miles from work so I'm not quite tempted to try and ride to work, besides my office sits right on the production floor, I could leave my bike just outside my office on the epoxy sealed concrete just fine.

HTFR

Monkey
Aug 20, 2002
Chelsea, Quebek
Originally posted by Mitch
Latest post from my workplace

Bike Racks - May 4, 2004
With the nice weather finally upon us, could we please ask that the bike racks be utilized to store your bikes for the duration of your shift. With the nice weather also comes the mud, and the coat room is starting to show the wears of this. Thank you for your cooperation.

Garbage I say. I'd like to see them lock a $3000 bike out back in a dark alley unmonitored. Sure you can lock the frame to the rack...... Time to get a crappy bike to commute to work with I geuss.
just make sure you get a SS!

mental

Monkey
Sep 13, 2001
Nelson, BC
Employers who force you to keep your bikes outside suck!

After numerous warnings, they finally put a "no bikes" sticker on every door of the building (everyone called it the "No Mike" sticker). Didn't really deter me, I just snuck it into the basement is all. It's not like I left any dirt or tracks on the floor at any time - before or after the warnings.

At each warning, I told them what my bikes were worth, how many had previously been stolen, what steps they could take to encourage me to leave the bike outside (ie at the very least bolting the bike rack down) and how important exercise is to be a productive employee but they never listened.

Perhaps I wouldn't have had that meltdown and told them to stick the job up their collective arses. Meh, being an Air Traffic Controller didn't jive too well with my riding schedule anyway!

If only they'd have encouraged the commute, perhaps they wouldn't be chronically short staffed for the forseeable future.

I hear biking reduces stress...