Quantcast

NOOB ALERT: Need some camera guidance.

Iridemtb

Turbo Monkey
Feb 2, 2007
Alright, I am in the market for a new camera. I ride almost everything, I do downhill, freeride, street, park, road ride, and a wee bit of xc on my downhill bike.

So I guess I would need a camera good in all environments, with relativley fast "response" and not too much bluring in pictures with fast moving objects (riders). I want something a little more compact, that just takes some decent photos, I would be spending about $200-$300.

Also, I realize that there probably are compromises. I won't be taking much video (maybe a little), so pictures are the main priority.

Thanks guys for your help.

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps

Or the Sony CyberShots are pretty good. Small enough to fit in your pocket, yet takes alright pics & video.

Iridemtb

Turbo Monkey
Feb 2, 2007
Well... this link just about cleared it up...:
http://backstage101.learningcenter.sony.us/tutorials/viewTutorial/p/courseId/50522/Selecting_the_Right_Digital_Camera_Camera_Type.htm?courseSessionId=42844&campusId=2103&webPageId=1000000&sonysession.id=12efb4eeef637fad8797b15a97b7

I guess I cannot have the best of both worlds, kind of like how you can't ride dh with a xc bike or ride xc with a dh bike.

I guess I will be going with a point and shoot instead of a DSLR. I already have a hard time supporting this hobby, haha. I can't really get what I want out of photos without dropping some serious dough on it.

Oh well... Thanks for your help though, and thank you for those links about cameras, that also helped enlighten me.

Point and shoot it is for me (for now at least).