Quantcast

Noob in dh/enduro

Prizzigh

Chimp
Jul 4, 2016
Hello I want to buy a enduro bike, but dont know if it gonna fit me I am 182cm(5"11" 1/2). Bike size is S but seller says that its more to the M side.(bike that I would like to buy for entry level: http://m.skelbiu.lt/index.php?mod=m&action=showPhotos&id=22910195 )I have read that Specialized bikes are manufacturing bigger bikes with same measurments(dont know how to explain not native language). Should I buy it or search for better option(talking about size)

csermonet

Monkey
Mar 5, 2010
Personally I would search for a bigger bike. I am 6"1 so you and I should be riding the same size bike. I prefer smaller bikes compared to most people(by smaller i mean that i generally seem to prefer bikes with ~10-20mm shorter reach than what is recommended/most popular for people my height), and even I would be looking for a larger bike than that. You need at least a medium, most likely a large.

In terms of a Specialized Big Hit, I have no experience on one so I can't give it a recommendation. DH/Enduro are very different things, are you looking for a bike that you can take out on long trail rides? Or are you looking for a bike to do some trails that require shuttling/a lift?

Last edited:

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
If this is anything like my specialized enduro, I'd say F-no, they don't run large.

csermonet

Monkey
Mar 5, 2010
If this is anything like my specialized enduro, I'd say F-no, they don't run large.
Yeah, even if the sizing of the Big Hit the OP posted "runs large", it would still be considered small by today's standards. It's pretty safe to say a size small will be much too small for someone who is 5'11

Prizzigh

Chimp
Jul 4, 2016
Much too small for your height. You'll need a larger frame. Maybe get some fit advice from a local shop to help you in shopping for your bike.
Um. Well in our country there is 0% to find downhill or enduro bike in shops. But from information I have gathered M/L would be good enough for me.(I have measured myself and everything)

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
No I meant have them help you understand WHAT frame measurements you should be paying attention to more closely (reach, stack, actual top tube length, seat tube angle) so when you find a bike you're interested in you'll have a better idea of how well it will REALLY fit you.