Quantcast

nor cal info needed

scotteric

Chimp
May 11, 2004
seattle
howdy, i'm driving north from san fran to seattle wed. afternoon and am hoping to stop somewhere close along I-5 to get in a rip. so far from what i can tell "the entertainer" on shasta seems to be the best option. anyone have any better suggestions, specific info for "the entertainer" or just want to hook up let me know. i'm looking for something more dh or freeride oriented but techy xc could be ok as well and climbing up is ok too. thanks in advance, scott

scotteric

Chimp
May 11, 2004
seattle
1) We don't call it San Fran.

whoa, sorry dude. maybe thats why no one has responded. or maybe everyone is too ripped on that sweet humbolt herb. can i call it herb btw?

2) Find your way to Boggs.

alright, i'll look into this, thanks my good man.

Biscuit

Turbo Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
Pleasant Hill, CA
i would save your nor cal experience and keep driving till southern oregon., ashland, then hit roseburg, and then kill eugene. that is three days right there.
Ditto. Just got back from there as well as Post Canyon in Mt. Hood OR. Super good.

(un)fortunately I get to go back again soon. My truck broke down in Portland and essentially made me and my buddies put our gear in storage and rent a car to get home... long story. But at least I get to go back.

scotteric

Chimp
May 11, 2004
seattle
thanks for all the input. sadly i didn't get to read most of the responses until i was already in mt. shasta and had ridden "the entertainer". its beautiful up there and it seems to have a lot of potential but damn was the dust ever deep. maybe i'm a whimp and need stable dirt beneath me but i found it difficult to hold speed for some of the bigger stuff. anyhow i can't help but admire anyone who would attempt to build such a long freakin' trail.

i stopped in ashland the next day and got in a quick rip there. pretty fun freeride trail (name unknown but its off catwalk) and there was def. a lot more solid dirt beneath my tires.

as an aside if any of you on this board ever find yourselves in the seattle area send me a pm and i will show you some of our local goods which i might add are some of the best trails i've ever ridden.