merrrrjig

Turbo Monkey
Dec 24, 2003
Mammoth Lakes, Ca
1. Josh Tollen
2. Kyle Adams
3. Jake Cappriotti
4. Hackadellic Hoauer or John "the T boning hack" Hauer
but my bro didnt do too good, he wouldnt of even made it out of the first round but the 2nd place guy front tire cased and snapped his forks.

merrrrjig

Turbo Monkey
Dec 24, 2003
Mammoth Lakes, Ca
It was the craziest rain/hail/thunder/lightning. there was the big inflatable hut thing where they were serving beer and stuff and it almost blew over. It was pretty sick! MTX posponed untill tomorrow!

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
I just got off the phone with one of the race coordinators. Pro Men Qualifiers for 4X are:

1. Hannah
2. Graves
3. Atkinson
4. Houseman
5. Milan

Factory Yeti's straight-up owning that shizzy! :thumb:

I guess there is waist-deep water on the course or something crazy like that, and stairs in the Snowmass Village were flowing like a waterfall! Everyone is really hoping a 4X will go off tomorrow, but they're waiting for the morning to make that call. Apparently the rider reaction to the course was really favorable, I can't wait to race it at the Mountain States Cup event (Blast the Mass) in August! Damn this broken leg!

Sherpa

Basking in fail.
Jan 28, 2004
Arkansaw
merrrrjig said:
It was the craziest rain/hail/thunder/lightning. there was the big inflatable hut thing where they were serving beer and stuff and it almost blew over. It was pretty sick! MTX posponed untill tomorrow!
Hahah, I got a picture when they were letting the air out.

BSX4ever22

Chimp
Jun 4, 2004
clayton, CA
merrrrjig said:
1. Josh Tollen
2. Kyle Adams
3. Jake Cappriotti
4. Hackadellic Hoauer or John "the T boning hack" Hauer
but my bro didnt do too good, he wouldnt of even made it out of the first round but the 2nd place guy front tire cased and snapped his forks.
That was me that snapped my fork

BSX4ever22

Chimp
Jun 4, 2004
clayton, CA
WheelieMan said:
My goodness, your fork snapping sounded like a gunshot. I was shocked to see you get up.
Are you serious, did it look that bad. Lucky enough i fell right because it didnt hurt much. btw fox hooked it up with a 06 float rlc

WheelieMan

Monkey
Feb 6, 2003
kol-uh-RAD-oh
BSX4ever22 said:
Are you serious, did it look that bad. Lucky enough i fell right because it didnt hurt much. btw fox hooked it up with a 06 float rlc
I knew they would, that's probably the worst possible exposure a company can have for their product, even though any fork would have broken in that situation.

For some reason I was thinking it was a manitou? I guess it's hard to tell which direction the arch is facing when it is seperated from the stanchions!

stiksandstones said:
That sucks, so is the DH still going to happen???
yeah dh happened. they cancelled the 4x during the end of semi pro dh. the rain from the day before had taken out 3 huge channels in the course. right at the end of the turns into tables too. so you came out of the bank, into a foot wide, up to 2 foot deep crevasse in the trail. so now they are putting in the drains for the colorado championships.....not when they originally built the course.

tacobelldhr

Monkey
Jun 1, 2005
lake forest
Zman said:
yeah dh happened. they cancelled the 4x during the end of semi pro dh. the rain from the day before had taken out 3 huge channels in the course. right at the end of the turns into tables too. so you came out of the bank, into a foot wide, up to 2 foot deep crevasse in the trail. so now they are putting in the drains for the colorado championships.....not when they originally built the course.

pathetic...they didnt run it cause of some stupid mushyspot infront of the first double after the first turn...mick hannah still pulled off the section, and did the tripple only few were doing...and plus qualifying is a whole different ball game than having 3 guys next to you///...

DHCorky

Monkey
Aug 5, 2003
Headed to the lift...
The channels in the course I think were manmade. When I went up for DH practice this morning the channels were not there. One of the berms was completly full of water so I think they dug the channel to drain it.

tacobelldhr said:
pathetic...they didnt run it cause of some stupid mushyspot infront of the first double after the first turn...mick hannah still pulled off the section, and did the tripple only few were doing...and plus qualifying is a whole different ball game than having 3 guys next to you///...

no they parly cancelled it yesterday due to the lightning and all that (and considering what happened in the afternoon i dont blame them. then there was the puddle in the first berm and some other place. i think they tried to drain it, and that is when all the channels happened, from the released water

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
tacobelldhr said:
:rolleyes:

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
Maybe they should have a look at Phil's 'how to build a 4x' manual...where item#1 is "PROPER DRAINAGE".

This is the first time there was a rain storm in the rockies, right? :rolleyes:

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
stiksandstones said:
This is the first time there was a rain storm in the rockies, right? :rolleyes:
Definitely a wee bit lacking in the foresight on that one, for sure - especially since we ran our regional 4X in torrential downpour at this same venure a few years back!

dhtahoe

I LOVE NORBA!!!!
Feb 4, 2002
Flying Low Living Fast
Ya know I thought I would ever say it but I am done racing. NORBA is a bunch of corrupt, brainless, clueless people out to make as much money they can. I like how they say they are broke and can't pay out. Then I wonder where they got all that money to buy that BRAND NEW semi truck worth over 500k. Overheard one of the TBB guys talking about how "over it" they are, but they are the only game in town so deal with it. So they will never get another cent from me.

DHCorky

Monkey
Aug 5, 2003
Headed to the lift...
NORBA is greedy as hell. They choose to overcharge a few people, rather than put on events people want to attend and make money off of good attendance. I love how you did not even think there was a race going on at Snowmass this weekend. You had to hike part way up the hill before you saw signs of a race.

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
dhtahoe said:
Ya know I thought I would ever say it but I am done racing. NORBA is a bunch of corrupt, brainless, clueless people out to make as much money they can. I like how they say they are broke and can't pay out. Then I wonder where they got all that money to buy that BRAND NEW semi truck worth over 500k. Overheard one of the TBB guys talking about how "over it" they are, but they are the only game in town so deal with it. So they will never get another cent from me.
That's too bad; I feel that way from time to time. However, you hit the nail on the head when you said it is the only game in town. The ABA (American Bicycle Association) went through some growing pains quite a few years ago, but was able to rebound.

I think someone else needs to just take over NORBA. It's obvious they have no idea what they're doing, and they're turning so many people off from racing. At the rate NORBA is going, they will destroy DH and 4X racing within the next few years, if changes aren't made.

WheelieMan

Monkey
Feb 6, 2003
kol-uh-RAD-oh
DHCorky said:
I love how you did not even think there was a race going on at Snowmass this weekend. You had to hike part way up the hill before you saw signs of a race.
Hey you can't blame them for that, with all of the construction going on at the base.

E.C.

Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
South Central Pa.
dhtahoe, your signature is friggin hillarious, I think anyway, I can't remember what it said , I've got that there A.D.D. ....and Full Trucker, Bruce Dickison says we need more cow bell man....great avitar...good stuff..I really come on RM purely for the entertainment, there really isn't that much need to talk about riding my bike , much more fun to just ride it.the ocasional rants and silly arguments are also entertaining, ya know like the rant I'm going on now about nothing, can ya tell I've got A.D.D.
Oh and if anyone has the Semi Pro DH results from Snomass , I'd love to see them.
Later E

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
dhtahoe said:
You have got to be kidding me with your post...after you send me a whiney bitch PM a few months back because I was saying what a joke Norba was, what a waste of time it was trying to help those morons...you came running in their defense...also in that PM you go on to tell me how you are the only one that is gonna change things and how you WILL make sh1t happen, bla bla bla, just a bunch of soapbox BS you spewed out...you defended everyone involved with a NCS and Otter and now this post???

That is ok, not the first person I have seen run for cover when they have seen the real truth.

<<<EDIT Forgot to add, this PM from you was only 7 months ago and now a complete retreat and 180 from ya...that was the quickest failure I ever saw.>>>

WhiteRavenKS

Turbo Monkey
Aug 8, 2003
neither here nor there
hey guys, let's all be friends and listen to some good charlotte or something... pffffffft. just jayin.

snowmass had some issues, this is true. but i can tell you that the promoter learns from complaints/mistakes and improves on things. the series as a whole might be a huge joke (might? more like pretty much is) but i feel a lot better going to a cycle cyndicate race than most others.

biker3

Turbo Monkey
Granted the drainage was crap but the 4x course was a HUGE HUGE improvement from last year. Norba sucks blah blah but at least they're making a few changes. Idaho 4x was 10x better and Id have to say the snowmass track minus the drainage was pretty freakin sweet. Seeing mick hannah hit the tripple in the rain was one of the sweetest things ive seen on a bike. It had all the drunks going wild. Then seconds later comes lightning and downpoar, I heard at one of the hotels an elevator was filled totally with water.

renegade999

Monkey
Jan 6, 2005
I'd like a twinkie right about now.

NCS mgmt is a bunch of wack-a-doos. They have been that way for years. Is this a surprise to anyone?

dhtahoe

I LOVE NORBA!!!!
Feb 4, 2002
Flying Low Living Fast
Stick you are a complete idiot. I have never loved NORBA the custom title is a joke. I was trying to make changes at Sea Otter(and succeeded) not the whole world. Racing Airplanes is now my life and I get to work on the fastest propeller driven airplane in the world. Does not make it hard to quite. Sorry I can't be as cool as you are and know all these cool people names that you drop, but if you ever go to the air and space museum and see my name on the landing gear door of Rare Bear you can drop my name and tell everyone you once knew me and what a dick I was. GET A LIFE BEYOND BEING STICKMAN!!! The rest have moved on so should you.

biker3

Turbo Monkey
dhtahoe said:
Stick you are a complete idiot. I have never loved NORBA the custom title is a joke. I was trying to make changes at Sea Otter(and succeeded) not the whole world. Racing Airplanes is now my life and I get to work on the fastest propeller driven airplane in the world. Does not make it hard to quite. Sorry I can't be as cool as you are and know all these cool people names that you drop, but if you ever go to the air and space museum and see my name on the landing gear door of Rare Bear you can drop my name and tell everyone you once knew me and what a dick I was. GET A LIFE BEYOND BEING STICKMAN!!! The rest have moved on so should you.
Dh tahoe must stikhater. :D

dhtahoe

I LOVE NORBA!!!!
Feb 4, 2002
Flying Low Living Fast
stiksandstones said:
You have got to be kidding me with your post...after you send me a whiney bitch PM a few months back because I was saying what a joke Norba was, what a waste of time it was trying to help those morons...you came running in their defense...also in that PM you go on to tell me how you are the only one that is gonna change things and how you WILL make sh1t happen, bla bla bla, just a bunch of soapbox BS you spewed out...you defended everyone involved with a NCS and Otter and now this post???

That is ok, not the first person I have seen run for cover when they have seen the real truth.

<<<EDIT Forgot to add, this PM from you was only 7 months ago and now a complete retreat and 180 from ya...that was the quickest failure I ever saw.>>>
Yeah I wonder why. I get a job offer of a lifetime and decide to quit racing and he flames me. Running for cover because I found the truth... Sorry Stick this is what I have been wanting to do since I was five. He calls me a failure yet I just got my dream job in aviation. He lives in his tiny little world where only the people HE knows matter. Dude was a bike mechanic for christ sake, and now sells used $200 jeans to LA Yuppies.