Quantcast

norco 4x4

bent^biker

Turbo Monkey
Feb 22, 2006
pdx
Been looking at short travel bikes and ran accross the 2004 norco 4x4. It seems like a decent bike, similar frame/suspension as the longer travel norcos from that year (most likely will replace rear shock), and similar philosophy to bikes such as the preston fr and sx trail. Has anybody had experience with this bike? Ridden one? owned one? wants to sell one?

thanks for the help

Dan89

Monkey
Mar 15, 2006
my ass
Eren said:
if they just put in shorten shocks it would mess up the geometry pretty good, so they change the frames up a bit.
QUOTE]

what the hell did you just say eren??

bent^biker

Turbo Monkey
Feb 22, 2006
pdx
yeah...right now i've got a hardtail and i've been wanting to trade out frames for a dh/fr dually. probably something used. the 04-05 norco vps series looks pretty good. any suggestions?

bikerpunk98199

Turbo Monkey
Apr 24, 2005
the hood
norcos are better than stinky's kona is horrible w/ there warrentys. the iron horse yakuza kumicho R is pretty sweet and cheap man id ride/race that but i have a glory coming soon! mabey a aline or a shore. id go w/ the iron horse yakuza kumicho R though.

bent^biker

Turbo Monkey
Feb 22, 2006
pdx
i've actually been fairly happy w/my ironhorse...if i had teh money for kumicho R I would ride that. two year old alines and shore frames are dirt cheap right now though.

Sinfield

Chimp
Oct 12, 2005
Hood River/ Portland OR.
River City Bicycles in Portland has an 04' 4x4 for like 1200 or something. Doesn't sound like the perfect bike for the riding you want to do, but I thought I'd let you know if you were still interested.

adurham

Monkey
Jun 9, 2005
If you can do it I recomend the 2006 shores, I purchased a Shore 2 with a 66rc2x and saints. It is the funnest bike I have ever ridden. If its your style go for it, they like to go fast.

BIGHIT756

Monkey
Jan 6, 2004
Maple Valley, Washington
center cycle in Renton, Washington has one last norco on sale....and its on sale down from like 2000 to 1200 or so. you should check it out. Its the 4.8-6.0 travel norco.

but in my opinion norcos seem like toys to me.