Quantcast

North Bend?

Gex

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2004
Seattle
Im gonna go check out the R line up neer there tonight. Ill stop by at well u know with the camera.

dirtbagrich

Chimp
Mar 5, 2007
Auburn, Washington
I agree, we all need to get together and fight for a legit freeride trail. There's enough of us out there that they can't just get rid of us. If we can't get a legal trail, people will keep building illegal ones. Hopefully someone will see that, and help us get a good legal freeride trail system.

HTnickS

Chimp
Jun 29, 2004
North Bend WAShington
ya all this is true, I went up to try and take some pics and i was taking them when a DNR guy named steve called me out. He called me a sorry little b**ch and took my camera and made me delete all the pictures then proceeded to laugh at me while i cried and then he took a piss on what used to be a jump. It's a sad day in mountain biking.

Qman

Monkey
Feb 7, 2005
Fixed that for you.....

And contact Justin or Jon at the BBTC, put the bong down, stop talking and get involved to get some legal stuff here so we don't have to keep having these threads.

See what you did by asking Geary? :)

HTnickS

Chimp
Jun 29, 2004
North Bend WAShington
This is serious buisness. After school i went up there to cry a little and i talked with the lead supervisor Pat MaCrotch. MaCrotch was much more understanding than Steve was and said Steve would be written up for his vulgarity. Still MaCrotch said there was nothing he could do he was under strict orders to as he put it about the trail , " tear that **** up". He said too many kids were going up there and "getting hella gnarly" and that it simply was a safety risk along with tresspassing. He also said that they were going to start and investigation to try and find out who's been riding there and would be ticketing them.

Jan 17, 2007
well im going to try and get up there friday and mourn. Is it being logged or are they just tearing it down because of the liability ****? But it would be great to designate an exit for a network of freeride and downhill trails. If we could all come together and organize as a group, get the green light from whoever it is that appoints these kinds of things and start building this summer it would be great. Someone just lost 6-7 years of hard work and as long as there are illegal trails this will continue to happen.

Ryan

Ps.............. WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY EREN??

HTnickS

Chimp
Jun 29, 2004
North Bend WAShington
well im going to try and get up there friday and mourn. Is it being logged or are they just tearing it down because of the liability ****? But it would be great to designate an exit for a network of freeride and downhill trails. If we could all come together and organize as a group, get the green light from whoever it is that appoints these kinds of things and start building this summer it would be great. Someone just lost 6-7 years of hard work and as long as there are illegal trails this will continue to happen.

Ryan

Ps.............. WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY EREN??
Its older than that and this is real. Ill ask MaCrotch tomorrow if there going to log it, but im thinking so, Once the trails gone i mean why not.

ffonsok

Monkey
Dec 6, 2005
Wait. What the ****? Now i'm confused. Was it actually taken out or is this a big hoax?

NateH

Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
I was out at 38 today and most of the lower trails are gone, they are cutting the trees down to put in a parking lot for all the climbing that goes on out there, apparently they are getting behind that. I also went up to snoqualmie pass to see whats going on up there and all the trees were gone and they were doing some major demo work on all the rock formations. I asked one of the construction workers, a Mr. Andreu McBurny and he told me that the pass decided that because of the lack of vertical and good terrain that they are going to grade the hill and work on making the groomers world class. They workers already went through most of the woods at summit central and all the old trails are gone. Very depressed I thought Id go to 25 and get in some comfort rips and low and behold Rline and the new S line are all cut down for homes. So i figured I'd go to Monroe to hit some dirt jumps and they were all torn down. So after my horrible day (I cryed today) I went home and bought a skate board. Skrew all you guys and your bikes I'm gonna go hop on ledges.

downhillracer

Turbo Monkey
Jan 28, 2005
Sammamish, WA
I was out at 38 today and most of the lower trails are gone, they are cutting the trees down to put in a parking lot for all the climbing that goes on out there, apparently they are getting behind that.
yah i went and rode the new gnar parking lots today at peak 3-8a. they were mint!:imstupid:

Tootrikky

Monkey
Jul 31, 2003
Mount Vernon
Wierd.....I just went up their today and they were installing a coin operated bob-cat at the top for building the gnar, and a beer garden at the bottom for chillin after shreddin it!

dh gangster

Monkey
Jul 31, 2006
P en Doubleyou
who was the one up at whistler on top of ty and spanking him? hmm

but me being gay. . . . old news
well both you guys are gay. so you could argue i am too. but at least the cool gay kids have matching gear. werd.

plus we were at duvall today and this jackass called the forest service on me. The guys name was ben dover and he told me to bend over but I hopped on my bicycle and shreded the gnar away. close call. but i still got a ticket for $238 and a parking violation for $78. there is absolutly no place to ride anymore. im so pissed right now all our trails are f'd.
this sucks. argh.
plus nate skateboards are for losers scooters are the way to go.

bent^biker

Turbo Monkey
Feb 22, 2006
pdx
^^^no **** i was just wondering if he actually got them from that chick. you never know about the peeps that work there:twitch:

LongGoneLong

Chimp
Apr 8, 2007
Enumclaw
I was out at 38 today and most of the lower trails are gone, they are cutting the trees down to put in a parking lot for all the climbing that goes on out there, apparently they are getting behind that. I also went up to snoqualmie pass to see whats going on up there and all the trees were gone and they were doing some major demo work on all the rock formations. I asked one of the construction workers, a Mr. Andreu McBurny and he told me that the pass decided that because of the lack of vertical and good terrain that they are going to grade the hill and work on making the groomers world class. They workers already went through most of the woods at summit central and all the old trails are gone. Very depressed I thought Id go to 25 and get in some comfort rips and low and behold Rline and the new S line are all cut down for homes. So i figured I'd go to Monroe to hit some dirt jumps and they were all torn down. So after my horrible day (I cryed today) I went home and bought a skate board. Skrew all you guys and your bikes I'm gonna go hop on ledges.
Im with you,

carbuncle

Monkey
Dec 2, 2004
Edmonds, WA
Way worse: we were up in Whistler this weekend and I heard that they are going to close the park to downhill operations, just like Mammoth! I guess it is getting in the way of the VANOC construction and is too much nuisance for too little return compared to the olympics so they are going to restrict the lifts to bikes with less than 130mm of travel and, get this, they will carry riders only down! All the trails that can't be turned into uphill-friendly singletrack are going to be nuked, and the only way a bike will be allowed on the lift is if you ride up to the Fitsimmons station and need to come back down. They are banning all armor and full face helmets (hence the nearly mandatory lift ride down) and they are going to smooth out b-line and EZ Does It, connect them at the top and bottom and pave them to make a crazy rail trails race course for road bikes! WTF?