Quantcast

Northstar, how is the riding this year?

Tcov

Chimp
Oct 9, 2001
Cave Creek. Arizona
Its been two years since I've been up to Northstar.....Just wondering how the DH trails are doing? New stuff? Getting better? Worse? I'm considering a trip this month. Any info appreciated.

Thanks

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Dusty, rocky, you know.............

There are a few new additions you probably haven't seen that are pretty fun. The biggest improvement is being able to ride the gondola in lieu of the old echo chair. You can get lunch without wasting half your day.

mdtrmnd

Chimp
Jul 7, 2004
Sacramento
I went last Tuesday with a few friends and it was super dusty. Unless you are good at riding blind, you have to give a 5-10 second lead to whoever is in front of you. Also, the burms in the turns are real loose, so don't go into them hot or you'll wind up sinking your tire and washing out. They definitely need maintenance on most of the trails, but I did see people out cleaning them up when I was there. Overall, it needs work, but it was still a decent ride for the $$.

Bacardi

Monkey
Aug 16, 2002
Santa Barbara, CA
mdtrmnd said:
I went last Tuesday with a few friends and it was super dusty.
Welcome to California. When was the last time it rained ...? I will make a weekend trip up there this year.

Tire recommendations? Would New Comp 32s do fine?

dhtahoe

I LOVE NORBA!!!!
Feb 4, 2002
Flying Low Living Fast
As for the dust... don't ride in packs... It doesn't work at all. As for tires 2.5 and up are great... alot of people run the WTB Timberwolf or Weirwolf, Michy 2.8, or Maxxis Minion. Bring your beater wheels if you have a set!!!!!

P.S. The trails were JUST maintained. That's as good as they get... So put your skirt down and pin it!!!!