Quantcast

Northstar Questions

swerve76

Monkey
Aug 30, 2003
nevada
I am trying to decide if I want to got to N*. This would be my first time. What is it like? The few people I know that have ridden there say it is dusty and rocky and blahblahblah but fun. Is there a jump park or stunts there? Or is it all DH and some xc?

whoopnar

Monkey
Sep 11, 2004
Chico, CA
It is very rocky. But it is my favorite place to ride. Make sure your brakes are working well and you can handle arm pump. There are trails for everyone there. They do have some ladder stunts, but nothing much. I highly recommend Northstar.

DroppinaNorco

Monkey
Mar 4, 2004
Sac Town
N* is a great place to ride. but like whoopnar said, its rocky and dusty and your arms better be ready to take a beating. Come up this weekend. Some buddies and i should be there sunday and monday.

whoopnar

Monkey
Sep 11, 2004
Chico, CA
DroppinaNorco said:
Some buddies and i should be there sunday and monday.
Beware....the forecast is calling for isolated thunderstorms in Tahoe and Truckee from Sunday to Tuesday. If the thunderstorms are near, they close the lifts. I am planning on being there one of those days as well.

DLo

Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
South Bay Area, CA
Actually this year I didn't find it as bad as last year.. not sure why? Maybe because I went out later in the season.. but I didn't find it as dusty. Definitely bring some goggles, or at least sunglasses though!

DroppinaNorco

Monkey
Mar 4, 2004
Sac Town
u have got to be kidding me. my first trip up there this year and they might not even open. oooo man if there are thunderstorms and they close the lifts theres gonna be hell to pay. haha. maybe we will see you there.

Yeti DHer

I post here but I'm still better than you
Sep 7, 2001
The Foothills
DroppinaNorco said:
u have got to be kidding me. my first trip up there this year and they might not even open. oooo man if there are thunderstorms and they close the lifts theres gonna be hell to pay. haha. maybe we will see you there.
weather.com says it's going to be 85 and sunny... I hope...

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
I went there for my first time this weekend. Be sure to bring as much protective gear as possible (A full face helmet is a must - saved my ass both times I went down this weekend). When you go down, all you pretty much land on is rocks. I did most of the trails on the hill on my Heckler, some parts were pretty rough, but LOTS of fun and super technical.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Yeah, dusty and rocky, loose turns, a few drops (to flat), rocks, a few weird jumps (often to flat), a few ladder-bridge stunts all clustered together, rocks, and dust. Usually dustier as the season moves on. Oh wait, did anyone mention the rocks or the dust? :blah:

It's super fun, very challenging. Lose your focus for a moment and you'll end up on your ass on the harder trails.

captainpolution

Turbo Monkey
Nov 18, 2004
DroppinaNorco said:
find a way quick cus the trails are gettin beat to hell. very loose, rocky, dusty, dirty, aka SHWEEET. haha. This weekend was great btw.

its always that way, so no rush to go up lol