Quantcast

Northstar race pictures july 20th

Rick_R

Chimp
Apr 25, 2007
gilroy
I have just posted a boat load of photos from the Northstar DH Race this Sunday. They are at:

http://bikeguy.smugmug.com/gallery/5491769_QPhxF#335869656_5s7EZ

Most of the photos are from the little gap jump near the bottom of the course. Unless I was stupid there should be a photo(s) of everybody who raced. The photos are arranged be start time with some practice photos at the beginning.

These are full-sized files that can be saved to your computer. Use the SAVE PHOTO Option when you move the cursor over the right hand side of the large photo on the page. Feel free to use for your personal use.

I'm real glad the rain stayed away until after the race was over. Here are some that I like:

Regards
Rick

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
heheh nice Pat. I'm bummed I didn't get to watch the spectical that was you starting your race run with no chain.

Awesome shots as usual Rick! I almost forgot how spoiled we are to have your quality pics at races until I tried to find some of a colorado race I was at a few weeks ago.

Thanks Ian for bending my der back to semi straightness for the race!

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
His deraileur was good to go, but since he had been riding with out a chain the day before, he didn't notice that his chain guide was spaced too far back from his guide ring so he got chain suck on his practice run.

Personally- I think at this point he just likes running chainless for everything.

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
I think it may be because that BB spacer is a mm too big... I think it started fvcking up after I put that spacer in a while ago. Instead of rubbing, the chain falls behind the ring... Would that be a reason for it to happen?

Should I do all the other races this year chainless? I beat 12 people!

Jump Chump

Chimp
Feb 21, 2005
A, A
oh man, I guess there's no pics of #79 running the race on a flat tire? I was hoping for a pic to show the family!

super fun race!

damon

mrpercussive

Monkey
Feb 11, 2007
CA
damon... you got a flat??? That sux... sorry to hear that dude... Dville on mtbr took some pics also... he might have one of you...

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Damn it sounds like you guys had a good time up there. I hope I can make it to the August race. If not, the next one for sure. Still waiting on some parts, but the bike can almost stand on its own. =]

Rick, seriously sweet shots man!

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Damn. Everyone is going that weekend. I am going to be at mammoth drinking beer at a beer festival. Oh well. Maybe sometime next month we can all go again.