Quantcast

Northstar this weekend...

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
cough cough... is this thing on???

I WILL BE JOINING YOU FOR THE DAY TRIP

Holy ****! that was loud. Sorry about that.

But yes, I will be joining you for the day trip on Saturday! =] My buddy Evan who rides with a prosthetic leg is going to be coming along with me as well. Maybe my buddy Tyler too. Also maybe Sean (the photographer) if he is free. He will find out soon and let me know if he can make it.

This is going to be awesome.

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
Josh. Let me know how many people you have going. I'm thinking that if we can pile a few people in your car (if you have room, of course) or whatever other vehicle you and Evan will be bringing (I've met Evan once... great rider!), we can pile all of our gear/bikes into my truck... and that'll save. Then we can just split gas down the middle for everyone.

Desmo... You did the shots of Josh at UC, right? Great photos!

We plan on leaving from my place at 5:00am on Saturday to make sure we get up there nice and early for the first lift.

If it'll be easier on you guys, ya'll can bring a pillow and crash on my couch/floor at my place in Campbell. I figure that'll get you guys an extra 45 minutes of sleep that morning.

jimw

Monkey
Aug 10, 2004
Santa Cruz, CA
Par-tay. I'll be there probably both days. Josh we should meet up at some point, would be cool to see you and some of the SC peeps. I probably won't be on the first lift though... tough to get my ass up that early! :)

gideon

Monkey
Aug 15, 2004
San Francisco
working out the details of going up on Sat am and coming back that night
Anyone heading out from SF (or bay area near rte80) and interested to ride share?

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
So far the people I have coming (confirmed) are myself, and my buddies Todd, Ian and Drew. Four people in my Tundra is a tight fit though.

If someone has a passenger car that can hold peeps, I can tote up all the bikes (I can fit between 6 and 8 bikes, plus gear in my truck).

We're leaving my place in Campbell at 5:00am.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
So far the people I have coming (confirmed) are myself, and my buddies Todd, Ian and Drew. Four people in my Tundra is a tight fit though.

If someone has a passenger car that can hold peeps, I can tote up all the bikes (I can fit between 6 and 8 bikes, plus gear in my truck).

We're leaving my place in Campbell at 5:00am.
the only catch is you will never see your bikes again. well maybe on craigslist. mikes not that smart

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
So far confirmed with me...

Tyler (Builder of the huck trail Twister), Evan (the guy who rides with a prosthetic leg), and myself.

Were going to have a huge crew. Mike that makes 7 total just in our group. Thats not even counting all of the people who are going to meet us up there! Not sure what the car situation is going to be yet. I am a little sketched to drive my car that long with needing to do the timing belt, but I will do it if need be.

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
So far confirmed with me...

Tyler (Builder of the huck trail Twister), Evan (the guy who rides with a prosthetic leg), and myself.

Were going to have a huge crew. Mike that makes 7 total just in our group. Thats not even counting all of the people who are going to meet us up there! Not sure what the car situation is going to be yet. I am a little sketched to drive my car that long with needing to do the timing belt, but I will do it if need be.
My buddy has a Cherokee that you can pile into, or maybe we can take my buddy's Runner.

Either way, the bikes of 7 (or even 8 people) can fit in my truck, along with myself and three others. If we bring another SUV or car, we can fit 4 or 5 people in there.

Best would be two cars (my truck, and an SUV). SUV = 5 people and some gear. Truck = 3 people, all the bikes and some gear.

That's best.

My truck just got a clean bill of health from Toyota, so we're all good there.

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
My buddy has a Cherokee that you can pile into, or maybe we can take my buddy's Runner.

Either way, the bikes of 7 (or even 8 people) can fit in my truck, along with myself and three others. If we bring another SUV or car, we can fit 4 or 5 people in there.

Best would be two cars (my truck, and an SUV). SUV = 5 people and some gear. Truck = 3 people, all the bikes and some gear.

That's best.

My truck just got a clean bill of health from Toyota, so we're all good there.
Yeah I have been tempting fate for a while with my car. This next month I am getting the timing belt done and all of the maintenance I just haven't had money for. I'm almost at 98k on the clock and I can tell my other belts need some love already.

That sounds like a pretty good plan. We will just plan on leaving the Santa Cruz area at like 4:30 or so to head over to your place. Or should we leave earlier?

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
Maybe just a few minutes before 4:30pm.

Leaving at 5:00am and stopping somewhere in the Pleasanton area for a quick bite to eat would be wise (Starbucks, doughnuts, or something).

I know some of my friends get cranky without their S.bucks. Haha...

gideon

Monkey
Aug 15, 2004
San Francisco
hi guys
i have an audi allroad that can fit 4 comfortably, plus a bike or two on the roof (tho prefer not too)
i live in downtown sf tho
was looking at the roads, not sure how you get there, but it looks like could transfer ppl and bikes where 680 meets 80 (if everyone could sqz into ur cars b4 and after) if you even need an extra car at this point
I forgot to subscribe to this thread b4

also this for sat am to sat pm? and not fri afternoon

http://www.google.com/maps?q=Campbell,+CA,+USA&ie=UTF8&ll=38.215525,-121.839409&spn=0.124083,0.316544&z=12&om=1

G

desmo

Chimp
Apr 26, 2007
Anyone going to be up friday night? got 3 or so from the ridesfo crew going up and camping it friday night.

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
Gideon... Yeah, this is for Saturday. We might not need an extra vehicle after all, depending on if one of my buddies drives himself. If so, then we'll probably only need to cram 6 people into two vehicles (my truck and an SUV), and my buddy and his friend can take his truck.

Did you want to meet up somewhere? It gets tough trying to coordinate people from Campbell, Morgan Hill, Milpitas, Santa Cruz, and Frisco to all meet at a bunch of different locations.

What time were you thinking of meeting?

gideon

Monkey
Aug 15, 2004
San Francisco
Michael,
The earlier the better for me, but i am pretty flexible
Would be shweeet to catch first chair
I do understand that it gets complicated to coordinate so many ppl
I will prolly just drive up myself if i cant find anyone else to go
Another thought is to go up the peninsula and cross over at bay bridge
G

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
Michael,
The earlier the better for me, but i am pretty flexible
Would be shweeet to catch first chair
I do understand that it gets complicated to coordinate so many ppl
I will prolly just drive up myself if i cant find anyone else to go
Another thought is to go up the peninsula and cross over at bay bridge
G
Where were you thinking of meeting up?

Cuz' we'll be in the Pleasanton area right about 6:00am to find a Starbucks.

:-)

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
lol

And its Maurer, not Mauer. =]

So it looks like were going to be meeting at 4:15 now just so we can get on the road on time and get to you guys possibly early.

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
Screw me for mis-spelling your name. Sorry dude. I'm a genius. :clapping:

Besides that, the earlier you can get to my place the better. We'll need to load up and that always takes a good 15 minutes to get everything situated in the truck and tied down.

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
I'm speaking from experience with the typical mountain biking crowed... getting everything settled in, etc.

Brett, when are you leaving to head up there?

matt12

Monkey
Aug 17, 2004
Napa, CA
I'll be up there.

Look for a bright orange 661 helmet, SWD Crazy 8 frame (for sale), with no chain, derailleur, or shifter!