Quantcast

NorthStar - who's going closing weekend? 10/5, 6, 7

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
i tried to search for a thread that i know has this info, but couldn't find it. who's going? i'm trying to figure out if i can make it happen. i won't roll solo, but i might join up with a pack.

ultraNoob

Yoshinoya Destroyer
Jan 20, 2007
Hills of Paradise
got back from N* last weekend. IT SNOWED at the top and rained at the bottom. But best conditions ever. Can't do another trip for a while. I recommend the BoomTown buffet as a saturday night eatery. All you can eat lobster $20

dhmike

Turbo Monkey
Dec 20, 2006
Boise Idaho
I recommend the BoomTown buffet as a saturday night eatery. All you can eat lobster $20[/QUOTE]

dope. i'm down for this weekend.

dwnhiller

Chimp
Apr 26, 2006
i was there two years ago around this time. it was so friggen cold on the OPEN chairlift to the top. there is no place to warm up. trails are gnar gnar. wish i wasnt a so cal bitch and could hang with the cold.:happydance:

Edgy

Monkey
May 1, 2003
O.C
You said that like it's a bad thing. :p

shinguards would have kept my internal body temperature by atleast 4 deg F.

Ridiculous Grip.

Photos taken by the man who shamed The Sluck.

Ade, we in?? It's on the way.
Well...that's because i suck at driving in the snow...and for some reason hitting the ground seems to hurt a lot more when you're cold!

Edgy

Monkey
May 1, 2003
O.C
If you guys plan a 1 day Bootleg trip, I may be in.
Well....the coldest temp at Bootleg is the wamest temp at N*.
Forcast is calling for hi 20's-low 30's for the eves. Maybe some snow.
I'm down for Bootleg just Sat or both Sat-Sun.

overtheedge

Monkey
Mar 26, 2005
burbank ca.
Well....the coldest temp at Bootleg is the wamest temp at N*.
Forcast is calling for hi 20's-low 30's for the eves. Maybe some snow.
I'm down for Bootleg just Sat or both Sat-Sun.
would love to check out bootleg too, and would be much easier to swing on such short notice...........what is the hotel situation around there like? do you need to make reservations or can you just head up and find a room in town pretty easily

Edgy

Monkey
May 1, 2003
O.C
Hotels- right in Boulder there's a few. You could just show up but I always call ahead.

overtheedge

Monkey
Mar 26, 2005
burbank ca.
A few of us rydezilla guys are heading up to Bootleg on Sat.
i saw that.......you guys really leaving the valley @ 4:30? would like to go up w/ somebody else if they have room, otherwise if i drive i would have room for a couple more bodies if they want to meet at my place in burbank.
what time you leaving ed, are you staying for sunday?

Edgy

Monkey
May 1, 2003
O.C
i saw that.......you guys really leaving the valley @ 4:30? would like to go up w/ somebody else if they have room, otherwise if i drive i would have room for a couple more bodies if they want to meet at my place in burbank.
I'm leaving bout 6am, Sat. to be there round 9. Thats when they start the shuttle service. I was just thinking about Sat but I could easily be convinced to stay for a Sun. session. If you drive your truck and you're into it, we can round robin and get plenty-o runs in.
W4S is looking for a ride out too.

Abstrakt...you should come out, even if its just for Sat.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
to hell with all y'all. i'm gonna be at home nursing tendonitis in my index fingers from trying to get my crappy brakes to work in whistler.

bneall

Monkey
Aug 23, 2006
Culver City
Is anybody is going to bootleg from the westside area for the day? I can help pay for gas and a burrito.
i think me, you and abstrakt all want to go for day trip...

but hes got a vehicle... you know you want to rock the desert abstrakt... i'll help with gas as well...

Abstrakt51

Monkey
Oct 11, 2006
OC
Sorry fellas, I'm going to have to sit this one out.:disgust1: Things are way too tight this weekend and I cant risk getting back late.

Aug 23, 2007
San Dimas
We're loading up at 4:30. See you guys up there on Sat. I'll be on a white DHR.