Quantcast

not for the squemish:new pics of my arm

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
so went to the doctor today to get my arm check-up. they pulled out 36 staples and stitches. the first pic is of the right side of my arm. circled in red arer the 2 pins stickin out a little.:dead:

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
the long incision on the inside left part of my arm as well as the third incision at the base of my hand

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
Originally posted by hitek
roborider
im hitek like your sign on name! i now have a cast from my arm pit down. keep this one for a month, get thhe pins pulled out then get another cast after that

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
i'm glad to hear the "recovery" process is on track for you. a couple questions though. what's the plan for rehab? light, light, very light resistance? are you able to play around with anything like a rubber ball to help build up the muscles? are you putting anything over the stiches for the scarring? as cool as scars are, if you do nothing they're gonna be huge. i guess if you do something, they'll still be there but not so loud.

foesrider

Chimp
Aug 30, 2002
north east mass.
wow ..now that's what i call hardware:p ..hope you have a speedy recovery ..with minimal pain...oh and i hope you don't need to fly anywhere..i can just imagine the crap you'd get goin through the metal detector:monkey:

Clark Kent

Monkey
Oct 1, 2001
Mpls
Holy Sh!t Dude... I had no idea you had got so banged up. Hope ya heal up fast... Thats harsh. What are they talking about as far as final range of motion and such? Damn man...Get better.:(

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
Originally posted by reflux
i'm glad to hear the "recovery" process is on track for you. a couple questions though. what's the plan for rehab? light, light, very light resistance? are you able to play around with anything like a rubber ball to help build up the muscles? are you putting anything over the stiches for the scarring? as cool as scars are, if you do nothing they're gonna be huge. i guess if you do something, they'll still be there but not so loud.
well, they already have me doing some work with a palm sized nerf ball. i will have lots of pt afterwards. as for the scars they pulled all the staples and stitches and put a hard cast so i will just have some burly scars cause i cant get to them. should get a minimum of 90 percent mobility back. as for the airport i get a little card that i have to carry with me that is documentation of the metal. and burly surly. ya pretty much got that right.

pigboy

in a galaxy far, far away
well i got this really minor shoulder bruise today (courtesy of an over-the-handlebars-dismount)

so anyway, i don't know what you're showing off about. this shoulder bruise hurt for at least a minute..... :devil: :D :devil:

Attachments

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Glad to see you're healing up biggins. Those pics you posted awhile ago in a thread looked pretty bad. :(

Keep healing.