Quantcast

Nothing wakes a person up at night like a Secret Service bust

Jan 7, 2004
D.C. area
The U.S. Secret Service busted an apartment across the hall from mine this morning at 5:45 a.m. There's nothing like hearing, "POLICE!!!!!! SEARCH WARRANT!!! POLICE!!! SEARCH WARRANT!!!!!!!" that early in the a.m. Of course, I couldn't get back to sleep, since at the time I had no idea what the bust was for... and I didn't know what other commotions might unfold.

I have no idea what they busted the guy for, but three hours later I saw the agents carting documents out of his place. (I hear they also arrested three people or took them in for questioning.) It could've been counterfeiting, money laundering, mortgage fraud, identity theft, plans to harm the President, anything.

Anyone else seen a Secret Service bust?

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
Most likely it was some guy named Habib or Ahmedh who bought way too many books on tape. He's off to Gitmo now with no rights....and we should all be outraged. [/Renegade Rick]

Whoa! That was creepy!

Glad it wasn't you Cap'n!!

Jan 7, 2004
D.C. area

InsideMan

Monkey
Jun 1, 2006
On an Island
Anyone else seen a Secret Service bust?

Maybe. What makes you think it was the SS? Didnt you say they said; Police search warrent?

what you witnesed was a figment of your imagination....a dream, now go back to sleep.

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
I read the news on that bust, apparently it was in reference to Al qaeda operatives.

The names they gave were:

M'BALZ ES-HARI
HAID D'SALAAMI
HOUS BIN PHARTEEN

and the ring leader:

I-SHEET M'DRURZ

Bikebro

Chimp
Apr 13, 2005
John Kerry is a long time customer of the shop I work at. Normally he comes in all by himself or maybe with an aide. During the last election though, as he started to lead the primaries, a ton of agents came with him to the shop. One of his bikes was stolen and so he was coming in fairly often for fittings and looking at new bikes. A few agents and one political lacky would show up about 3 hours before him to check out the place. He would then roll up with 3 suv's of agents and at least 2 state troopers and block in a bunch of cars. To give Kerry credit he really seemed to dislike the whole circus show environment that was required. He's actaully a cool guy that just likes to ride his bike as often as he can.

A decent amount of illegal smoking product and wandering government agents makes for alot of nervous bike shop employees. Though the owner liked it cause the Secret Service had to buy a bunch of bikes and hitch racks.