Quantcast

Nothing wrong with the fans in Oakland

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Arm On Fire said:
gotta be something in the water in oakland
Odd that his last name was Fancisco and Okland is so close to San Francisco!!

There is something in the water in Cali period!!

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
That is what I love about baseball and pro-athletes in general, highly paid "professional" who can't control their emotions on the job. I never considered verbal taunts from fans to be that taboo, unless threats were made I hope they sue the jackass.

Craw

Monkey
Mar 17, 2002
I can't believe he tossed the chair. I mean, come on! He broke that lady's nose. As a player you have to tune out the fans, no matter how harsh they are. Losing it and engaging the fans is retarded.

and by the way....Let's Go Oakland!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
"an unidentified woman, also suffered cuts to her face"

Anybody seen DHG?

Damn True

Monkey Pimp
Sep 10, 2001
Between a rock and a hard place.
and from a comedic POV:

Top 10 things heard in the Rangers bullpen
10. "No, you can't have my autograph, but you can have my chair."
9. "Remember, lift the chair with your legs. You don't want to hurt your back."
8. "Don't mess with us, people. We're full of steroids and could snap at any time."
7. "These fans are crazy! I bet Steinbrenner signs them in the offseason."
6. "I told you guys not to do your Derek Lowe impressions tonight."
5. "You guys realize we added Jeff Nelson in the offseason, right?"
4. "Joke's on you. Because we broke that chair and management will have to replace it, you guys probably won't be able sign Hudson."
3. "Damn. There's trouble brewing and I left my "What Would Karim Garcia Do" bracelet at home."
2. Rangers reliever Frank Francisco to Rangers reliever Francisco Cordero: "Dude, which one of us do you think they're talkin' about?"
1. "You are a complete A's-hole."

Top 10 things heard in the stands
10. "It says on the fans' tickets that they should watch for objects flying into the stands. Nobody says it has to be the ball."
9. "Man! You must really suck to not even make the Rangers starting rotation."
8. "I'm never coming to 'Throw A Chair At The Fans Night' again."
7. "What are you gonna do? Find some guy named Walker on the team to beat us up?"
6. "Go ahead and throw the chair; everything you guys throw ends up in the bleachers, anyway."
5. "Better not let Chan Ho try and hit us. You guys don't have enough chairs down there."
4. "Welcome to 'Ligue Family Reunion' night at the old ballpark."
3. "Buck you, Showalter!"
2. "Sorry, big misunderstanding. We thought you were the Mariners."
1. "These baseball games sure are a great way to warm up for next week's Raiders home opener!"

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
True, you are totally off base here. #1 A's fans are equivelant to 49er fans and the Giants fans are more like the Raiders fans. So what if there is some jabbing going on in the stands, I'm sure theres alot of trash talking between the batter and catcher all the time. Its part of sports now as sh*tty as it is its here to stay. I can understand the frustration with the rangers side because they are in a chase for a playoff spot and if the A's sweep or take 3 of 4 there hope are pretty much gone for the season. However no excuses for tossing a chair in the stands that was too WWF for me.

Damn True

Monkey Pimp
Sep 10, 2001
Yeah, I'm sure they were sitting there sipping chardonay, eating cheese and being perfect ladies and gentlemen. Then players are trying to get into the stands because they want some chardonay and cheese. One player is so mad about the chardonay and cheese that WHAMMO! A chair comes out of nowhere and hits a cheese eater.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Damn True said:
Yeah, I'm sure they were sitting there sipping chardonay, eating cheese and being perfect ladies and gentlemen. Then players are trying to get into the stands because they want some chardonay and cheese. One player is so mad about the chardonay and cheese that WHAMMO! A chair comes out of nowhere and hits a cheese eater.
Come on DT, you're usually a reasonable guy.

If the fans were doing something wrong, that's what security is for :rolleyes:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Damn True said:
DT, is there anything a stranger could say to you to get you to attack them in such a way?

I could see him going over and telling them to shut their traps but attacking them? Totally out of control.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Damn True said:
I'm sure the fans did say something, I'm not denying that. Give me a break here, I've seen a whole lot of sh*t go down when the Giants played at the stick. Can't say much about Pac Bell park though, the 2 times I've been there we were in luxury box seats drinking Dos Equis, Negra Modelo, Cab, Chardeny, having a whole Mexican spread oh yeah we also had sushi appetizers. The only times I really paid attention to those games was when the Dodgers won and the A's won :blah: Did I mention we had our own waiter:thumb:

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
Brian HCM#1 said:
I'm sure the fans did say something, I'm not denying that. Give me a break here, I've seen a whole lot of sh*t go down when the Giants played at the stick. Can't say much about Pac Bell park though, the 2 times I've been there we were in luxery box seats drinking Dos Equis, Negra Modelo, Cab, Chardeny, having a whole Mexican spread oh yeah we also had sushi appatizers. The only times I really paid attention to those games was when the Dodgers won and the A's won :blah: Did I mention we had our own waiter:thumb:

Just ruuuuuub it in Brian...I'm soooo spoiled and soooo rich....I get the BEST of EVERYTHING and I would NEVER dream of hanging with the commoners in the regular seats at the ball game...

You'd never have to worry about any skirmishes at Pac Bell even in the shhhitty seats...that place, although a beautiful park, sucks ass, the Giants should still play at the dirty ole stick!

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
dh girlie said:
Just ruuuuuub it in Brian...I'm soooo spoiled and soooo rich....I get the BEST of EVERYTHING and I would NEVER dream of hanging with the commoners in the regular seats at the ball game...

You'd never have to worry about any skirmishes at Pac Bell even in the shhhitty seats...that place, although a beautiful park, sucks ass, the Giants should still play at the dirty ole stick!
You know it should be only the best!!!!!! We did have some great seats at that A's game didn't we :D

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
stosh said:
how's your face?

Oh if it were me at that game and I got my nose broken over some asshole ball player that that threw a chair at SOMEONE ELSE...there would be no considering charges like the actual woman...I'm no sue happy asshole, but that guy would be lucky if he still had his sweaty jock strap and cup after I was done with him...I'd sue the FUUCK out of him...that is absolutely unprofessional, outrageous and uncalled for behaivior, and I hope he gets his ass fired (but of course he won't). He needs to attend anger management classes...unfortunately the fines they impose on him will probably only be a pittance to him. I hope that lady sues the hell out of him...jackass.

Damn True

Monkey Pimp
Sep 10, 2001
LordOpie said:
Come on DT, you're usually a reasonable guy.

If the fans were doing something wrong, that's what security is for :rolleyes:

Security - Oakland Coloseum

Oxy [comma] moron

I don't disagree. I'm sure the fans were provocational. Im sure security should have done something (other than smoking weed in the tunnels) before it escalated. And I'm sure that there is no verbal taunt that justifiys throwing a chair.

Damn True

Monkey Pimp
Sep 10, 2001
Westy said:
DT, is there anything a stranger could say to you to get you to attack them in such a way?

I could see him going over and telling them to shut their traps but attacking them? Totally out of control.
I honestly can't think of something someone could say that would provoke that.

Damn True

Monkey Pimp
Sep 10, 2001
dh girlie said:
Oh if it were me at that game and I got my nose broken over some asshole ball player that that threw a chair at SOMEONE ELSE...there would be no considering charges like the actual woman...I'm no sue happy asshole, but that guy would be lucky if he still had his sweaty jock strap and cup after I was done with him...I'd sue the FUUCK out of him...that is absolutely unprofessional, outrageous and uncalled for behaivior, and I hope he gets his ass fired (but of course he won't). He needs to attend anger management classes...unfortunately the fines they impose on him will probably only be a pittance to him. I hope that lady sues the hell out of him...jackass.
Ditto.
Id be like, "Hmm, do I want to own the Oakland Colostomy because their security failed, or do I want to own the Texas Rangers because their player attacked me and they did'nt stop it resulting in a tacit approval, or do I want to own every cent that bastard has now and will ever have? I think I'll have all three."

Damn True

Monkey Pimp
Sep 10, 2001
Brian HCM#1 said:
I'm sure the fans did say something, I'm not denying that. Give me a break here, I've seen a whole lot of sh*t go down when the Giants played at the stick. Can't say much about Pac Bell park though, the 2 times I've been there we were in luxury box seats drinking Dos Equis, Negra Modelo, Cab, Chardeny, having a whole Mexican spread oh yeah we also had sushi appetizers. The only times I really paid attention to those games was when the Dodgers won and the A's won :blah: Did I mention we had our own waiter:thumb:

I thought we were talking about Oakland fans.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Damn True said:
Candlestick

As it is, was, and always shall be.

I think 3com is just about out of business now aren't they?
I could almost see the field from my uncles house. He hates it because everybody parks in his spots.

So they gonna tear it down or what? Isn't it falling apart?

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
Brian HCM#1 said:
I do sit in the ghetto at the Raiders game:D
Well, princess...you have NO choice at a Raiders game...you're sitting around hoodlums regardless where you sit and anywhere in about what...a 15 mile radius of the Coloseum...

I could just see you wearing your Tommy Hilfiger jeans rollin up in your pimp daddy Denali pretending to slum with the rest of the raider fans...you don't shave for 2 or 3 days before the big day...maybe forget to shower the day before...polish up on your profanities...sneak some sips of a fine merlot before going in and getting a cheap beer...I'm onto you...

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
dh girlie said:
Well, princess...you have NO choice at a Raiders game...you're sitting around hoodlums regardless where you sit and anywhere in about what...a 15 mile radius of the Coloseum...

I could just see you wearing your Tommy Hilfiger jeans rollin up in your pimp daddy Denali pretending to slum with the rest of the raider fans...you don't shave for 2 or 3 days before the big day...maybe forget to shower the day before...polish up on your profanities...sneak some sips of a fine merlot before going in and getting a cheap beer...I'm onto you...
Don't forget he puts thoes spinning rims on the Denali before he heads out.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
what is 3com anyway?

That park is nice down by the bay there... looks like a good place that hookers die at.

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
Those haters in Oakland ALWAYS have to drag the innocent 9ers and Giants into this arguement...I was teasing my friends husband about the Raiders losing and he was like well your 49'ers lost too! I was like huh? What? I've never said I liked the 49'ers...they just assume that when we identify that they are total thugs (proven by numerous things, the main thing being the riot after the Raiders got their asses kicked in the Super Bowl, the one where the tore downtown Oakland apart) that we are instantly SF fans...

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
stosh said:
what is 3com anyway?

That park is nice down by the bay there... looks like a good place that hookers die at.

Well they are both by the bay...3 com that used to be Candlestick...and then the new one is Pac Bell...that is a beautiful stadium, but I just wish the Giants still played at the Stick...it was great to go to a Giants game and freeze your ass off, but go to a 9ers game in shorts and a tank top in the sweltering heat of the beginning of the season...such a shame they had to mess with it.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Damn True said:
2. "Sorry, big misunderstanding. We thought you were the Mariners."
:think: :confused:

dh girlie said:
...I'd sue the FUUCK out of him...that is absolutely unprofessional, outrageous and uncalled for behaivior, and I hope he gets his ass fired (but of course he won't). jackass.
There was a comment by an ex ballplayer(John Kruk) on ESPN who basically said if he got hit by the chair like the lady he'd make sure the guy would be working for his salary for the next few years by suing his ass.

All that aside i still wonder what was said that everyone in the Rangers dugout said was so bad....

J

JRB

I hate people. phuck football, phuck baseball, and phuck anything else besides cycling and tennis. phuck you if you think I sound ghey. :D