Quantcast

NOTICE: Noble Canyon 50K Endurance Trail Run

BullittX

Monkey
Dec 6, 2002
Hell Cajon, CA.
Heads up.

Saturday, September 29th, 7am to 4pm

The USDA Forest Service has granted a use permit for an ultra trail run this date which will start at 7 am and end at 4 pm. There will be approximately 120 - 150 runners on the trail that day. For safety and goodwill, SDMBA asks you to avoid Noble Canyon and Laguna Meadow trails on that date. Information about the event and a map of the course are located at: http://www.noblecanyon50k.com/

mark@sdmba.com

ultraNoob

Yoshinoya Destroyer
Jan 20, 2007
Hills of Paradise
The CHP started ticketing people who stopped on the pine valley bridge to watch the fire. Don't they know the best way to watch a brush fire is to sit on a hilltop and wait for it to come to you.:bonk:

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
Damn!

I wish I knew about the trail run sooner, or else I totally would've signed up for it. As my luck would have it, I'm starting back up on my trail running come October. Hopefully they'll hold a second annual Noble Canyon 50k next year.

BullittX

Monkey
Dec 6, 2002
Hell Cajon, CA.
The fire is currently burning South of I-8, in the Bear Valley area near Bucknum Springs(the Corral Canyon ORV area had already been closed due to extreme fire danger), thankfully headed away from Pine Valley & Noble Canyon. Cool night time temps, little wind and reinforcements on the way should have the fire contained soon.

Hopefully, I'll get in a Noble run this weekend!

mark@sdmba.com