Quantcast

NoVa DS practice?

el_gordo

Chimp
Jun 13, 2004
DC (Da Capital)
I had a blast riding DS at the last WISP race, but realize I need alot of work on skills. Is there anyplace in the semi-local area I can ride doubles and find a rythym section?
thanks -
Gordo

matt2991

penishead
Jun 12, 2006
495 in woodbridge, VA has a dual slalom course. I haven't tried it but heard its full of gaps and pretty hard stuff.

corey_rideDC

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
DCmetro
495 down in woodbridge is a great set of jumps. i love hitting those up for a while then cruising over to potomac mills and getting an orange julius.

whale

Monkey
Apr 23, 2004
Silver Spring, MD
corey_dcstreet said:
495 down in woodbridge is a great set of jumps. i love hitting those up for a while then cruising over to potomac mills and getting an orange julius.
i hear they also have an old abandoned indoor skate park that you can ride for free and you can also shop for overstock and malformed (or is it misinformed?) designer clothes... i love potomac mills woodbridge 495! :rolleyes:

el_gordo

Chimp
Jun 13, 2004
DC (Da Capital)
I don't need a real track right now, I am more interested in the technical features, so the 495 course might be a winner.
Is the BMX track "open to the public" for 26in bikes? Debating the relative merits of _another_ bike in the garage with my spouse would not be healthy for the domestic tranquility.

Corey --
we met at WISP -- I had the two kids in tow at the bike wash (with the wife, of course).

Locations (PM as required)???
thanks --

mobius

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Around DC
You don't need to know how to dj properly to win in dual. I know a few people who can't ride any of the djs at 495 yet do good in dual.

mobius

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Around DC
Because the jumps on dual courses are pretty small you just hit them at speed and they kick you off naturally.

G-boy

Chimp
Mar 11, 2005
Lynchburg VA
My wife and I always come up there to Patomic Mills for shopping. So I do nothing all day, I had no Idea there where trails or DJs up there. How do I find them or is it a secret? Please help bring much joy to a fellow rider. The only jumps Ive found near shopping destinations are Ipswitch in Va beach.

oldskoolbiker

Monkey
Aug 19, 2005
Alexandria, VA
This thread is getting funny, I'll play too. Yeah I love going to Potomac Mills, then getting some BBQ at Famous Daves, and then cruise right over the the nearby 495 Jumps.