Quantcast

Now I have the flu

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
Just spent the past 3 hours with a temp of 103.8. It is finally breaking but I feel like my brain is boiling. Do you ever just have a chain of events in your life when you think "is this really happening to me?"

First my mom goes in for surgery and we find out she has cancer. Then I have an allergic reaction to my new birth control (not ****ing fun) Then I have my comprehensive finals (not ****ing fun). Find out that my mom is probably going to be ok (thank god) and I get the flu, 4 days before my oral exams. Can someone please shoot me now. I hate hate hate having the flu. I think TN is going to crack.

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
That sucks, I'm sorry to hear you're not feeling well...I think 2007 is the sh*ttiest year by far...First, had to put my kitty down...f'ing heart breaking and still having a tough time...then I got sicker than a dog with the flu for a week...not much snow...shi*tty damn year...can't wait for it to be over...

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
That sucks, I'm sorry to hear you're not feeling well...I think 2007 is the sh*ttiest year by far...First, had to put my kitty down...f'ing heart breaking and still having a tough time...then I got sicker than a dog with the flu for a week...not much snow...shi*tty damn year...can't wait for it to be over...
TN and I have been discussing how ****ing bad 2007 has been. If I have to put a pet down I might just curl up in a ball and die. Well maybe not if it was one of my cats. I could live without them, but not my puppy.

I figure things have got to start looking up, first with my mom's good test results. I have a couple of job interviews too. School is almost over. 2007 can't be all bad.

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
TN and I have been discussing how ****ing bad 2007 has been. If I have to put a pet down I might just curl up in a ball and die. Well maybe not if it was one of my cats. I could live without them, but not my puppy.

I figure things have got to start looking up, first with my mom's good test results. I have a couple of job interviews too. School is almost over. 2007 can't be all bad.
It's pretty damn devastating...I put her down Jan 2 and I woke up bawling my eyes out in the middle of the night cuz of a dream I had of her...sucks...

Well, I'm glad to hear that your mom is going to be ok...that is probably one of the scariest things to hear...that you or someone you love might have cancer...Good luck on the interviews and school...I'm hoping that 2007 will start looking up soon.

oh if you want a good laugh go look at the pics in the metal is not dead thread...pretty amusing, I think...

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
S'posed to get it dug out June, maybe. Figured they could just cut a big hole in the ear and I could use it to holster the 539, but I don't think they'd play that game. :D

Laura, get well and cheer up!
My granddad just got some skin cancer cut out. It was a kind of nasty ordeal. He's in pretty bad health though and doesn't heal too fast. So far so good though. No more skin cancer for him. You should wear sunblock in 2007.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Doesn't seem to be a sunblock issue. It's a basal cell carcinoma tucked way in the fold between ear and head where the sun's not too much of an issue.

Sunblock is a good thing, though, kiddies!

My dad just got a bunch taken off of his scalp from where he always used to get sunburnt. I use sunblock all the time. Hope everything works out for ya.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
I personally can't believe that La got the flu. That must be some uber-gnarly super strain of the virus. :eek:
I managed to miss out on it last season, but the season before that I got the flu and was out of commission for over a week. I've had a couple of upper respiratory infections this year too. Stress, my body is self destructing.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
:( Hope you're feeling better to day Laura! Sq-Earl was sick for the first month of 2007 and the weather's been awful here (we still have quite a bit of snow). We were talking about how crappy this year has been last night too. Here's to hoping things get better!

JBP -- yikes! Good to hear you're getting that taken care of!

goodtobeIrie

Monkey
Aug 25, 2004
nor cal
sounds like someone tipped the karma scale into the way negative last year...:poster_oops:

you'll be pleased to hear that my 2007 has been peachy keen...:happydance:

*on a serious note: hope your mom gets better...a friend's mom just got rid of her cancer with no chemo and eating only organic foods and certain ones at certain times, and also so much of different foods each day...it's in remission now...her tumor was so big in her leg they wouldn't operate at first without the chemo...now it's miniscule, with no invasive medical procedures...your mom might want to look into her eating habits and change some of them...but organic is very important...

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Your humor is way fvcked up. (i am guessing it's your humor...either that or you really are a cunt :disgust1: )

sounds like someone tipped the karma scale into the way negative last year...:poster_oops:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river

*on a serious note: hope your mom gets better...a friend's mom just got rid of her cancer with no chemo and eating only organic foods and certain ones at certain times, and also so much of different foods each day...it's in remission now...her tumor was so big in her leg they wouldn't operate at first without the chemo...now it's miniscule, with no invasive medical procedures...your mom might want to look into her eating habits and change some of them...but organic is very important...
Holy crap - on a serious note, let's not attribute curing cancer with eating an organic diet... :rolleyes:

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch

I am officially hallucinating from my fever. For half of one second I thought you were being sweet and almost normal. Then I realized that
1. you think that karma is real
2. You think my karma can be influenced by the fact that I called someone out for being an annoying, 'roid raging bitch(on the internet no less).
3. that my bad karma would have some kind effect on my mother getting cancer.
AND
4. An organic diet would have taken the grapefruit sized lump out of my mother's uterus.

(that seems like a whole lot of unsweet crazy talk, so I guess I am hallucination free.)

My "karma" actually has to be on the up and up. I passed comps, my mom's cancer is ok, no more birth control issues, and I haven't run much of a fever at all today. You know what, I bet I was being put through some crazy test by a higher power, a deity. That's what it was, and I have been deemed worthy of having better luck. I feel enlightened.

On a serious note, I am super stoked that your year has been great, I bet it's your organic diet.

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
Laura - jeez sorry to hear about all of this stuff happening all at once. To be honest I'm not to stoked about 2007 either - I have my own reasons (involves my ex gf) but I hope you feel better soon.

Thoughts and prayers with your Mom.

:)

pigboy

in a galaxy far, far away
a stalker. she lives in Venezuela, but soon she comes back to Hawaii.....

anyone know a good hitman in Caracas?

hope you get better soon Laura. I had a 24 hour mystery illness yesterday. Splitting headache, sore all over my body. Couldn't get comfortable at all, and to cap it off the copy of Dawn of the Dead that I rented had been munched and wouldn't play past the midway point.

oh, and I'd hire a good hitwoman if nobody knows a good hitman...

I looked at JPB's ear cancer. It looked like early stage zombie disease. I'd be careful around him.... if ya know what I'm saying.....

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
hope you get better soon Laura. I had a 24 hour mystery illness yesterday. Splitting headache, sore all over my body. Couldn't get comfortable at all,
Weird, this is basically exactly what was wrong with me. The only time I was half way comfortable all day yesterday was when I took a bath other than that I was f'in miserable. I am already feeling better today. Weird man.

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
I am officially hallucinating from my fever. For half of one second I thought you were being sweet and almost normal. Then I realized that
2. You think my karma can be influenced by the fact that I called someone out for being an annoying, 'roid raging bitch(on the internet no less).
AND
4. An organic diet would have taken the grapefruit sized lump out of my mother's uterus.

(that seems like a whole lot of unsweet crazy talk, so I guess I am hallucination free.)

My "karma" actually has to be on the up and up. I passed comps, my mom's cancer is ok, no more birth control issues, and I haven't run much of a fever at all today. You know what, I bet I was being put through some crazy test by a higher power, a deity. That's what it was, and I have been deemed worthy of having better luck. I feel enlightened.

On a serious note, I am super stoked that your year has been great, I bet it's your organic diet.
Your humor is way fvcked up. (i am guessing it's your humor...either that or you really are a cunt :disgust1: )
Whoa! Holy moly! what have I been missing on RM while being cockblocked by those bastards at work! :shocked: You must be feeling much better Laura to put a smack down like that! :D

goodtobeIrie

Monkey
Aug 25, 2004
nor cal
AND

ahh...I see you're still the same old beotchy cunt...:clapping:

and yes, karma will get you everytime...call me crazy for believing in it...but it seems to kick your ass...

and no I don't believe you were being tested by a higher power...there are none...

and I don't eat an all organic diet...but if I ate one I would be a lot healthier...btw...it did cure her cancer, it wasn't only eating organics...you also have to cut out all processed sugars, exercise, etc. etc...and she's not some hippy lady doing this...she's a professional businesswoman, whose son/a friend, is a pro DH racer...it's not like these are some hippy commune people trying to feed "normal" people like you crap...it's happened for way more people than this lady...you should try researching before talking crap...oh, but it wouldn't be you if you weren't running your mouth at high speeds and judging a situation or person before you actually knew what was going on...:lighten:

and I was being nice, except that it didn't sadden me you were sick...you probably deserved it...oh, btw...I would never be so conceited to think that all your bad karma stemmed from you being a stalker cunt to me on the internet...I'm plenty sure you have it oozing out of every pore from daily situations with people in person...and the 'roid raging comment was funny...unlike you, I actually exercise to get my muscles...and that was only the LAST beotchy comment...you've been "bullying" (to use your words) me since your first post to me...love ya though...XOXO