Quantcast

Now Oficial: 2009 UCI MTB World Cup Calendar

Inclag

Turbo Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
MA
**** yes, Bromont is back baby! :happydance::happydance:

Edit: Not surprised though, UCI must save some nice cash on transportation for they only have to drive from Ste-anne.
Heard through the grape vine at P-kill this weekend that there may not be a WC at Bromont for 09, since it didn't go over too well this past year...

...also heard that apparently Mount Snow was seeing about hosting it, however there are rumors that they will be ending the local series they hold next year, so that would seem a bit weird to me (bringing in a WC but ending the local racing that is).

I guess we'll wait and see.

epic

Turbo Monkey
Sep 15, 2008
I spoke to the GM at Bromont during the WC and he was not expecting huge turnout for year one. They knew going in that it would take years to build it up.

Oct 19, 2001
I spoke to the GM at Bromont during the WC and he was not expecting huge turnout for year one. They knew going in that it would take years to build it up.
Yeah, throwing it down the back side of the mountain, away from all of the facilities might not have been a great way to get crowds either.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Heard through the grape vine at P-kill this weekend that there may not be a WC at Bromont for 09, since it didn't go over too well this past year...

...also heard that apparently Mount Snow was seeing about hosting it, however there are rumors that they will be ending the local series they hold next year, so that would seem a bit weird to me (bringing in a WC but ending the local racing that is).

I guess we'll wait and see.
There is a World Cup at Bromont next year. The official schedule has been released (hence the reason for the posting of this thread).

The WC at bromont actually went very well and exceeded many expectations.

The backside deal was part of the proposal. they used it to help push along development of that new face. Facilities will be in place for 09.

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
Yeah, throwing it down the back side of the mountain, away from all of the facilities might not have been a great way to get crowds either.
were you there for the DH or 4x race? It was one of the rowdiest crowds of the season. the DH was lined with people from top to bottom and pretty much all of them stuck around for 4x despite the crappy weather.

http://freecaster.tv/1000006_1005378

downhill mike

Turbo Monkey
Mar 23, 2005
and they sure could use the publicity/marketing... apparently it's been a pretty quiet year for them, but it has a ton of ammenities....
Actually we are 3 days away from finishing our best year ever. We have been open for downhilling for 12 years too.

We (Whiteface Mtn Bike Park) have been asked to host a World Cup by the uci. 2010 would be a good bet. Especially since ORDA just canceled a world cup event for the winter. Now ORDA only is only hosting 4 World Cup Events this winter. The local hotels were pissed.

Lose 1 World Cup in the winter and gain one in the summer. Look out world for 2010!

DHM