now THIS, is a paintball gun!

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Tenchiro said:
"48 balls Per Second Per Barrel"

Now THAT is what I call shock and awe! :thumb:
I think my wallet would feel shock and awe. Figure three cents a paintball, firing that thing would cost you $1.44 per second or $86.40 for a full minute. :dead:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I call fake. Do a Google search and the only thing VEEKER ML9 brings up is the EBay ad and forums talking about it. Don't you think someone who made this monstrocity would be proud.

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
I Are Baboon said:
I think my wallet would feel shock and awe. Figure three cents a paintball, firing that thing would cost you $1.44 per second or $86.40 for a full minute. :dead:
I think the ultimate humiliation of your opponents would be worth it. :devil: Plus, if you can afford 8000 quid to actuallybuy tha tmonster, chances are you can affor d to fire it.

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
I Are Baboon said:
you would be one bad arse mofo....

and I guess with a gun like that you would start buying the paint in mega bulk.....have a huge arse CO2 tank and the initial investment alone is pretty large right? $8,000 pounds is pretty large.

But I guess if you want to big the bad arse at the field....you go that way.

Makes a game of terminator so different. :eek: Make someone chase you around the woods with that thing.....I would run jsut so I didn't get my arse stung by it.

"feals like getting hit with a normal gun" :rolleyes: yeah 48 of them all firing at the same time at your arse. :D

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
Ha Ha Ha - can you imagine any feild/course letting you walk in with that thing!

I'd really like to hear exactly how they get that thing to feed 48 paintballs per second. Think about it.

I'l going to ask him for a video of it in action... I'll post it if he actually replies.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
I'd be pretty impressed if that gun could actually feed paintballs along that feed chute, which appears to have brass casings in it. Even if the 'casings' are cosmetic, what could be in there, 5-6 parallel plastic tubes through which the paintballs feed? How the hell would they be pushed through there...'air pressure?' Doesn't seem too likely....looks like it'd be jam/misfeed/broken paintball central. Paintballs aren't linked rounds; I don't see how they could feed reliably, especially at such high rates of fire.

Looks like TOTAL BS to me...and I don't play paintball, although I do work with chainguns at work.

MD

grimm

Monkey
Jan 12, 2002
Sweden
MikeD said:
I'd be pretty impressed if that gun could actually feed paintballs along that feed chute, which appears to have brass casings in it. Even if the 'casings' are cosmetic, what could be in there, 5-6 parallel plastic tubes through which the paintballs feed? How the hell would they be pushed through there...'air pressure?' Doesn't seem too likely....looks like it'd be jam/misfeed/broken paintball central. Paintballs aren't linked rounds; I don't see how they could feed reliably, especially at such high rates of fire.

Looks like TOTAL BS to me...and I don't play paintball, although I do work with chainguns at work.

MD
check out the link i added, then find the paintball link on that site, there they load and fire a paintball minigun. not railfed, but still.

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
MikeD said:

MD
Gotta agree with you, Mike. I have had paintballs explode on me in the gun even with cheesy little semi-auto markers. For safety's sake, they cannot make the dye-containing skin too sturdy. Even if they could get them to feed from one tube to the next, the velocities involved would surely shatter the relatively fragile paintballs before they even left the receiver.

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
grimm said:
check out the link i added, then find the paintball link on that site, there they load and fire a paintball minigun. not railfed, but still.
Yeah, they don't really show the feed system, though. Look at the guy on the poster...there's no feed chute for that one, either. Edit: That is to say, the ones on the site, that presumably work, seem to work without a remote ready-box of ammo. The ammo seems to be carried on the gun itself, eliminating the problems LL and I are talking about.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
it has to be b.s. since even the best guns jam. Once paint gets in the barrel them balls would be flying all over hells half acre.

i really like playing paintball, but i absolutely hate playing with people who take it seriously.

and somebody please prove to me that Columbine thing is a joke, that's frikkin out there........

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Skookum said:
and somebody please prove to me that Columbine thing is a joke, that's frikkin out there........
Oh, no, they're doing Wounded Knee scenarios next. COOOOL!

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
grimm said:
I'd like to see a video taken from behind and to the side. Yeah, you can see them pouring paintballs(or perhaps solid plastic pellets) into the thing and in the other video, you can see the barrels spinning, but that is a far cry from having a truly functional paintball minigun. You couldn't see paintballs flying out of it and impacting upon a target...and did you see that price tag- $6000!!! For that I could find a real .50 BMG! :eek: