Quantcast

NS capital finally done. 24" of beauty

climbingbubba

Monkey
May 24, 2007
Well i posted this on MTBR but here on ridemonkey is more about 24" love so here it is. the thing is so fun, i tried putting 24's on my 26 and it felt like crap so its nice having a dedicated 24" frame.
here you go, enjoy

specs
08 ns capital frame
rock shox revelation 426 dual air lowered to 70mm 450 a/c height
proper magnalite 10t rear hub
NS simple roller 9mm front hub
atomlab pimplite rims
demilition medial 165 cranks w/ ti spindle
profile spanish BB
profile 23t sprocket
stolen integrated headset
colony transformer brake lever
shadow conspiracy linear cable
xtr V-brake
wellgo mg-1 pedals
NS district 3.4" rise bars
blk mrkt stem
animal edwin grips
federal slim pivotal seat and animal pivotal post
kmc 710sl chain with half link
schwalbe table top 24" tires

other numbers: 12.3 BB, about 72 degree HA, 14.5" CS

24.29 pounds with pump track clay on the tires

Attachments

LeRoy

Monkey
Apr 11, 2002
Wellington - NZ
Nice build. I didn't know that NS had gone with integrated HS. Is this new for 2008? The paint is really similar to the color of my Union.

climbingbubba

Monkey
May 24, 2007
i think only the capital, also its the only one with the spanish BB. very sweet frame. i wanted a tonic or a USB but with the NS being so much cheaper and having pretty much the same geo i decided to go with it. i don't regret it

w0ntwan

Chimp
Apr 2, 2004
San Luis Obispo
NICE BIKE! I am getting one pretty soon here too! Birthday present to my self. What size rear axle is required? 10mm? And what kind of headset, the campy kind?

Stoked

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2004
LI, NY
well done man. looks really nice. i like those frames.

tell me how that lever feels with v brakes. i thought bmx levers felt mushy w/ v brakes...

climbingbubba

Monkey
May 24, 2007
thanks guys,

no idea when the 09's come out, if like last year then april of 09.

next question, capitals take bmx hubs so 14 x 110 same as the USB and the tonics

and last of all, the lever feels pretty good, im coming from disc brakes so its a little different and im using pimplite's so its not as powerful but it does the job. i find it helps cause its harder to grab brake and bail from stuff but is locks up when i pull hard.

don

Turbo Monkey
Nov 8, 2001
Rumson, NJ
nice build looks clean. Those NS frames are impressive. Did you get that from a shop/online in the states or from someone overseas like ChainReaction? I haven't seen much NS stuff available here.

climbingbubba

Monkey
May 24, 2007
i just checked and BTI has the capital in stock!!! only in off white but still good. they also carry other frames like the suburban.
i got mine from chainreaction but thats because i checked bti for 6 months and it never came in stock. of coarse its in stock now.
one of you guys should have your LBS order it for you

now all they need to do is get the schwalbe tabletops in and were set

climbingbubba

Monkey
May 24, 2007
no action shots yet, i rode around today and worked on manuals. only got about 40 feet, dang its been a while,

went up and hit some big stuff on my freeride bike though, its still so nice out in the mountians so for now just messing around with the urban bike.