Quantcast

Nukeproof Scalp!

DanSheridan

Chimp
Feb 7, 2009
Ireland
Hi Guys,

Just picked up my Nukeproof Scalp today. It is amazing!
Built with full Nukeproof components, Gamut guide, Schwalbe tyres, Formula brakes, 888 Evo Ti forks and schwalbe tyres.

Had a quick ride on it today and it is fast!

More photos to come!

http://www.nukeproof.com/

yd35

Monkey
Oct 28, 2008
NY
Bit of a sidenote, but how do you like the tires (tyres, for the UK folk)? I'm perfectly satisfied with Maxxis offerings, High Roller and DHF, but looking to try something new.

Uncle Cliffy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 28, 2008
Southern Oregon
i got the funniest neg rep from some jerkoff named bobsten for saying the front end looks high. :rofl:
Someone's gotta chip away at your golden bananna. ;) I think it looks tall too, but just on the top tube. Why shape a top tube to create less clearance than if it was bent the other way?

DHperu

Monkey
Apr 14, 2005
bike looks awesome! loved it since they posted pics of the frame in raw alluminium color

al-irl

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
A, A
There's a choice of vivid or the CCDB probably one of the best value frames on the market

captainspauldin

intrigued by a pole
May 14, 2007
Jersey Shore
Looks better in black than blue ;) Anxious to see what people have to say about these things, Dan how much did she end up weighing? Just curious that's all (Hoping it's 40ish lbs, so people don't fixate on the weight)

edit: Scratch that Med frame w/o shock weighs 10.18lbs, so not super light but not heavy. good stuff.

Last edited:

DanSheridan

Chimp
Feb 7, 2009
Ireland
Thanks Al - heres the video embedded. Expect to see a full team press release in the next day or 2.

Here are some more photos of the bike before a few changes.

Here is a shockcam I did during the weekend. It was really muddy and the track was pretty smooth but still turned out OK.

I dont think the frames come stock with a ti spring with either shock.
Im not sure the exact weight but its about 39, just sub 40. That is with 2.5 Schwalbes which are like 2.7 Maxxis, so they are pretty heavy.