Quantcast

NW Cup #4 potential pro/cat 1 course?

BikerBoy28

Monkey
Jul 3, 2006
Bellingham, Wa
what was that trail in the middle of the vid? Looked more like a cat 3 course really.....other than that looks like a good run. I think it would be kinda fun to run White knuckle again considering we have run king diamond twice already. But whatever you guys choose Im pumped to come race it, you guys always do a good job out there! :thumb:

ods

Monkey
Feb 22, 2008
Port Angeles
Yeah the White Knuckle for everyone is a possibility. We haven't run anyone but Cat 3's on it for years. Not too technical, but crazy fast and everyone could compare times. Let's get more opinions on this. With split practice it shouldn't be too much of a practice headache for riders of different speeds. Sunday morning practice could be sketchy though?

We aim to please so chime in everyone.
Scott

stinky6

Monkey
Dec 24, 2004
Monroe
Middle section looks kind of lame for racing, not much line choice, pretty strait, and then a pedal down a fire road---all things I don't want to pay to race on. What if you hit Moto Guzzy insted and then jumped into Lower Pro or even finished on White Knuckle?

ods

Monkey
Feb 22, 2008
Port Angeles
It is a super fun trail to ride because you go like 40, but a bit pedally. Motoguzzi is a good option but a little bumped out. I like thom's line except for Justice. They really don't want us to use that. Fret not, by next year we should have a new lower pro section from the stutter bumps down.

Still liking the knuckle top to bottom. The only issue could be the exit because if you come out that way with speed, it can be an owie....just ask Steve Smith.

Keep it comin'

thom9719

Turbo Monkey
Jul 25, 2005
In the Northwest.
It's too sweet to get thrashed with a race.

Upper Knuckle is ok with everyone?
I know, but I still had to suggest it ;)

White knuck to Motoguzzi would be great. It's downhill, we can handle some bumps, plus that trail is super fun.

If we did white knuck top to bottom, people would die. It would be super fun, but I could see it ending badly.

-KT

ods

Monkey
Feb 22, 2008
Port Angeles
I know, but I still had to suggest it ;)

White knuck to Motoguzzi would be great. It's downhill, we can handle some bumps, plus that trail is super fun.

If we did white knuck top to bottom, people would die. It would be super fun, but I could see it ending badly.

-KT
We're riding tonite and I'll video a run down the knuck just for kicks. I'm a wuss though so I'll skip the big double.

I like the Motoguzzi thing as well.

thom9719

Turbo Monkey
Jul 25, 2005
In the Northwest.
We're riding tonite and I'll video a run down the knuck just for kicks. I'm a wuss though so I'll skip the big double.

I like the Motoguzzi thing as well.
Honestly, Whatever trails you choose will be good! We need to get up there and cut in some new stuff for next year!

-KT

ods

Monkey
Feb 22, 2008
Port Angeles
We'll have the pre rides up by Monday, maybe Sunday. Thanks for all the input.

It's sooo fast up here right now. Limbo and Railage are totally no pedal right now.

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
Braeburn looks a little boring.
Pinned runs on the knuck are fun, but it's kind of 1 sided for a race course. ie, nothing technical.

Guzzi would be fun not matter how worked the course is.

(and I don't really want to hit that big jump) There, I said it.

ods

Monkey
Feb 22, 2008
Port Angeles
I was wondering the same thing.....is it that big table that Lars hit in "Days of Dirt"?
I don't remember what Lars hit in DoD. It's below Cakewalk and Double Bypass goes around it. It's in a super fast section, we stacked logs and some dirt so the gap is only like 15ft, but you really want to go at least 30+. It's fairly intimidating mainly because of the speed. People that hit it says it's nothing, but I still haven't gave it a go. Next time you're here, just take the White Knuckle all the way and you can't miss it.