Quantcast

NW Cup Information!!!

ryanrider

Chimp
Nov 20, 2007
Sweet!

Question: I want to race cat 1 18 and under, but have little to no races under my belt (yes I want a challenge) so can this be done? Or do I have to sandbag cat 2 like usa cycling tells me and then wait to move up? Its a short series so that might suck if thats the case..

-Ryan

Makana425

Monkey
Feb 21, 2008
Snocompton
You have to have results. Just saying your going to be a sand bagger doesn't necessarily mean your going to smoke everyone and get first place.

ryanrider

Chimp
Nov 20, 2007
You have to have results. Just saying your going to be a sand bagger doesn't necessarily mean your going to smoke everyone and get first place.
Not saying I was.. And I'm sure there are even better riders in this same position. Its just that I have previous dh experience but never really dedicated myself to racing until now. If i remember correctly it takes like 2 top five finishes to move up?

-Ryan

thom9719

Turbo Monkey
Jul 25, 2005
In the Northwest.
It takes a season of top 10 races to move up. What they really look for is top 5 finishes.
Or one good race.

If you have a good results at the first race (win by a few seconds etc), submit it to USA cycling and they will usually move you up to the next class. They don't want a bunch of sandbaggers either.

-KT

stinky6

Monkey
Dec 24, 2004
Monroe
There are a lot of fast guys in Cat 2, especially early in the season when Whistler and other places haven't opened/are still snowy.

ryanrider

Chimp
Nov 20, 2007
Alright then I better step up the training! Thanks for the info guys. And thanks for this race series! Looking forward to my first, somewhat full race season! Should be lots of fun.

-Ryan