Quantcast

NW Cup round 1 hype

ods

Monkey
Feb 22, 2008
Port Angeles
^Need someone to paint you a picture?

Yes like the beginner class takes like a different run.
There will be three separate courses at all of the NW Cups. We are trying hard to create some links that will allow different tracks for everyone at each one.

We should be able to video the other two courses for Round 1 this weekend. Watch for this on Monday or Tuesday.

Funkster?

Chimp
Jun 21, 2007
At the end of that video, it has the dates as May 26 - 28, is that right? I thought I saw on the site that is was March 26-28

Thanks

B sauce

Chimp
Mar 12, 2010
Does anyone know if this racing track is a good challenge? I like to really test myself, and have been interested in riding and racing in Port Angeles for quite sometime. This would be my first race, and am just curious if i'm gonna get good "bang for my buck"? I'd like to race for cash. Do I have to race Pro? I'm new to all of this, so your input is really appreciated.

stinky6

Monkey
Dec 24, 2004
Monroe
Does anyone know if this racing track is a good challenge? I like to really test myself, and have been interested in riding and racing in Port Angeles for quite sometime. This would be my first race, and am just curious if i'm gonna get good "bang for my buck"? I'd like to race for cash. Do I have to race Pro? I'm new to all of this, so your input is really appreciated.
Its a fun course. If this is your first race you wont win pro which I think has a cash prize, actually you wont even race the same course as the pros because you will either be CAT 2 or 3. You will learn plenty as long as you have the right attitude and your the only one that can truly test your self, the track doesn't really matter.

RAD

Chimp
Jul 13, 2009
Bham
nicely said.. all the tracks are super fun at PA . I raced cat. 2 last year and had a blast. You'll definitely get a good bang for your buck . it's worth it just for the shuttles.

ods

Monkey
Feb 22, 2008
Port Angeles
We have a new food vendor this year. They own the best Thai restaurant in town called Sabai Thai. Along with killer Thai food, they will be making full breakfasts, breakfast burritos, Cafe Vita coffee, lunch and dinner burritos and maybe more. They'll also have the usual drinks and snack stuff. Their Thai Iced Teas are killer too.

Prices will be very reasonable and the food will be great so support them if you can.

ST

Frisco

Chimp
Jan 16, 2002
Vancouver, WA
So I just wanted to make sure. The registration says you are registering for the Pro Gravity tour round one and NW Cup round 2 on April 22. This is actually the registration for The Pro Gravity Tour round one and NW Cup round 1 next weekend right? If not, could you post a link to the right registration site.

Thanks

ods

Monkey
Feb 22, 2008
Port Angeles
The first race (NW Cup #1) is next weekend and there is no pre-registration. It will be a register on-site situation like last year.

The second race (NW Cup #2) is also the first stop of the Pro GRT and pre-registration is open and strongly encouraged. We're capping it a bit lower this year to make sure everyone gets as much practice as possible

We just dramatically xpanded the parking situation today. Casey's older brother shredded it with a dozer.

The trails got some finishing touches and things are looking sweet. Everyone's saying that Falcon Punch is a sweet addition to the Cat 1/Pro course options.

Last edited:

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
How far is the course from town? First time at the venue, and we need to find a cheap hotel etc. Will be driving in from Vancouver Friday morning, there is practice friday as well, correct? Is shuttle provided?

Edit: If i had gone to the website, all questions woudl have been answered. oops. www.nwcup.com

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
How far is the course from town? First time at the venue, and we need to find a cheap hotel etc. Will be driving in from Vancouver Friday morning, there is practice friday as well, correct? Is shuttle provided?

Edit: If i had gone to the website, all questions woudl have been answered. oops. www.nwcup.com
as far as a cheap hotel, I found a Super8 in town for $49 a night.

ods

Monkey
Feb 22, 2008
Port Angeles
No fenders today. It was the perfect loam today. Mud on your bike but none on the riders. Looking good for tomorrow as well.

Peddler

Chimp
Apr 13, 2006
Auburn, CA
We headed up for the 1st time, 13 hour drive from Auburn, CA. Really good racing. The tracks were well designed and offered a great variety. The vibe was casual and the racing serious. The event was very well run with real time results that you could see as riders finished without creeping over the timers shoulder. Good stuff and we will return.