Quantcast

NY State Downhill Championships - Eastern States Cup #7 at Plattekill Sept 18-19

Eastern States Cup

Turbo Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
East Coast

NY State Downhill Championships
USAC Eastern States Cup #7
at
Plattekill Bike Park
September 18-19, 2010

Plattekill Bike Park is proud to host the USAC NY State MTB Downhill Championship on Saturday and Sunday, September 18-19, 2010. Plattekill has previously hosted the NYS Championships as part of their series, but with the growth of the Eastern States Cup to USAC Regional Championship status things have changed. This year it’s a one race deal for the State Championship. One run down the mountain and if you are the quickest, you’ll be the champ. It’s all on the line this weekend.

The Eastern States Cup in it’s first year is at home at Plattekill and Mount Snow, VT for 2010. They are two of the pioneers of lift assisted mountainbiking and have featured races since the start of the sport. The Series offers USAC Regional Championship points and will crown the regional Champions at Plattekill’s next race, October 9-10, 2010.

The course is steep with all the great terrain and features that makes Plattekill Bike Park the premier race venue in the country. The course designers took our last course and enhanced some sections so it will be in prime shape for this prestigious event. The trail builders felt this is the one track they wanted to repeat this year, it’s that good!

The State Championship Medals are here and ready for you to take home. Just show up and be fast. The medals will be awarded to all classes including first timers or Cat3 racers, Cat 2, Cat1 and Pro divisions.

Plattekill will have the lifts spinning Saturday and Sunday and will offer the best value in Lift-Assisted riding: The $40 weekend pass. That’s right only $20 per day for riding the lifts and riding the trails down all day, both days !!! Plattekill Bike Park offers full bike and equipment rentals; all you have to do is show up. Guided tours and lessons for all abilities will be available for a small fee or just explore the vast terrain by yourself.

Plattekill Bike Park is located in Roxbury, NY. The park has been hosting downhill mtb races for well over a decade. The trails are endless and offer something for riders of all abilities. The fall line trail sections are very steep and the natural terrain offers loose shale with large rock drops. Plattekill Bike Park uses two lifts accessing two distinct peaks. Lift attendants place your bikes on the chair for the ride up. The base lodge offers a cafeteria, bike shop and restrooms. On the deck will be burgers and refreshments.

START TIMES/REGISTRATION INFO:
DH REGISTRATION: OPEN 9AM SATURDAY, 8AM SUNDAY
DH RACE START: 11AM SUNDAY

All entry fees include Saturday AND Sunday Lift Tickets!
REGISTRATION RATES:
$50 Cat3(beginner)
$55 Cat2(sport)
$65 Cat1(expert)
$75 Pro
Plattekill Bike Park will be paying cash 3 deep – Min $20 per racer entry in the Pro class, $10 per racer entry to all Cat1 classes and $5 per racer entry to all Cat2 classes. Payback will be given on the following percentage ratio basis; 55/30/15. Cat3 will receive sponsor-donated prizes as available. All classes will receive custom 2010 Eastern States Cup Medals

MORE CASH FOR ALL RACERS: On top of our cash payouts NEMA has partnered with us to pay CASH to the top three in ALL race classes through The NEMA Cash Contingency Program. The plan will pay racers $25/15/10 that wear a NEMA product and list them as a sponsor on our race entry sheet.
LICENSES: Pro and Cat 1 (Expert) racers are required to purchase an annual USA Cycling license. Cat 2 (Sport) and Cat 3 (Beginner) racers are required to purchase 1-day licenses. Any Cat 2/3 racers wishing to participate in the "Eastern States Cup Series" must purchase an annual license. Annual licenses can be purchased online or at registration.

MFrider

Monkey
Jul 10, 2009
The East
When are they going to update the series points from the last race?? :rant:

Will the cat 2 and cat 3 course be the same as last race??

Trying to figure out if I can make it to this race

jutny

Monkey
Jan 15, 2009
Montclair, NJ
Can't wait!

It'll be my first race this season coming back from a shattered wrist and seperated shoulder (which I got on a dirt bike after Sat. practice for Plattekill #1 this year).

:weee:

Eastern States Cup

Turbo Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
East Coast
Is it true it will be the same course from the last race?
Yes. It's not out of lack of effort, the tape from the entire course was removed and is being replaced. Some berms and jumps were added I hear.

I missed the last race so I'm not too sure of it's exact location but I heard it was a good one.:thumb:

Sorry for the lack of pics/vid:rant:

IF the new back up motor for the triple gets installed and tested, both lifts will be spinning

Last edited:

DHJay

Chimp
Apr 25, 2002
Bronx
Thinking about camping out for this one if there's no rain in the forecast. Anyone else doing the same?

bfrich

Monkey
May 30, 2007
ct
Since the Season is winding down probably a good time to Repost these because some racers maybe in the series even if they haven't attended all the races:

SERIES RULES:
Plattekill will host 5 races, best 4 count for series points.
Mount Snow will host 3 races best 2 will count for series points.
Must compete in a minimum of 3 RACES to qualify for "Eastern States Cup Series" winner.
Must be present at final race in order to receive payout.

Eastern States Cup

Turbo Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
East Coast
So.... Must be in three to be in the series? Does it matter if you did not attend any at Mt.Snow?
Not this year.

It was supposed to be a minimum of one race at each venue, but it was an oversight when rules were posted. So the girls should be all set.:thumb:

Points are done and will be posted as soon as I install excel on this comp.:)

mkmike

Chimp
Jan 7, 2010
nj
Awesome weekend. Triple side brought back memories. Endless options of trails. Most trails require no brakes 98% of the time which made my clapped out suspension work ok :-)

Jun 28, 2009
Great race this weekend, glad we finally got a chance to race that course in the dry after 3 attempts. Anybody take any pictures?