Quantcast

O/T - My 1 hour of fame!!!

Tom Church

Monkey
Jan 25, 2004
Beacon, NY
So I am a DJ I play house music and chillout music at raves and clubs. Mostly at small (2-300 person) shows. Often at shows that I am promoting.

But I got a call from a friend who is doing a VERY large rave at Hammerstien Ballroom in NYC. Hammerstien is one of the biggest venues in NYC with acts playing there ranging from the Rolling Stones and He wanted me to play in one of the upstairs rooms at the end of the rave (around 4am). Cool...I mean I get to play at a huge rave with 5000-7000 people there with some of the biggest names in the world...

So I got a call about 10 min ago saying that he had to change things around...now I am the opening DJ in the MAIN BALLROOM!!! If any of you are from NYC or have been to Hammerstien then you know how crazy this is...this is one of the biggest venues in NYC at the biggest rave to happen in NYC in the last 5 years with some of the biggest names in Electronic Music with an 80,000 watt sound system and I get to play in the main room...I am in complete shock...

What a crazy Fing world...

For those that don't know here are some pics.

The tables will not be ther eduring the show...it is Gen Admin.

Tom

MtnBikerNJ

Monkey
Mar 5, 2003
jerrrrrsey
that's cool... listening to it at work right now!

hammerstein is a pretty big venue. I didn't know they had raves there. not that I've been to a rave in about 10 years, but whatever...

who else is spinning?

oh, and do you ride at blue mountain? i've been up there once and it was pretty fun. I also know syadasti and spincrazy have both been there.. spincrazy LOVES it (jk... he destroyed his knee there...)

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
Nice dude... better cook up some badass arrangements... could be your time to hit it big?

If someone told me that I was going to get to open for a huge act in front of nearly 10,000 people Id be at the drums 24/7 practicing untill the gig started.