Quantcast

!!! o0o !!!

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Funny, I see shootable deer every time I leave the house, and sometimes when I’m sitting in the living room.
same girl, same. and i live in suburbia. we even had one run into the side of our car last year as we were driving out of the hood.wifey would be happy for you guys to come bag a few, as they always eat all the plants in our front yard....

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
They like, been murdered and continue to be murdered. Used to exist cooperatively with homo killeverything.
.......and have also been massively reintroduced starting over 20 years ago

I see the things here now from the packs introduced into the cascades (and maybe even the ones from the northern rockies)

I can promise you, they're very much 'allowed' to return. In fact, most agencies are doing everything they can to make sure they do. Often to a rather absurd degree. They are listed ya know. I know it still happens around ranches but shooting them is a felony.

Last edited:

I see the things here now from the packs introduced into the cascades (and maybe even the ones from the northern rockies)

I can promise you, they're very much 'allowed' to return. In fact, most agencies are doing everything they can to make sure they do. Often to a rather absurd degree. They are listed ya know. I know it still happens around ranches but shooting them is a felony.
If it suits you, try reading Echo Loba Loba Echo.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

Ther are exceedingly rare in the cascades. According to the NPS, 3 sightings since 1990.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Ther are exceedingly rare in the cascades. According to the NPS, 3 sightings since 1990.
depends on which 'cascades' you're talking about

they're all over oregon

those are the ones showing up here now

check your state wildlife service. The park service knows.......parks. And given the cascade national park with fuck all for roads, sightings alone aren't going to be too prevalent.

Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

The “minimum” population is steadily increasing. I wonder what it would be like if we really went back to the population levels of 200 years ago.

Those are still small numbers. I wonder how many are necessary for a genetically healthy population long term.

Edit: Google says 2000 to 5000. Guessing those areas a pretty isolated.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Point being.......there's no one not 'allowing' the return of wolves

Between wolverines, sierra nevada red fox, and pacific fishers, all of which have been weaponized to exclude the un-preferred user group of choice by rich white fucks I can categorically state the biggest trend I've noticed. All 'sightings' seem to magically occur kinda near highways which means sightings only happen where people are because duh. So real populations are realistically much larger.

And the biggest recovery tool is just not hunting them. Worked for the honkey headed freedom chicken, it's no different with anything else.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Did they not evolve/develop to become our pets? Mans best friend. In less than a Millenium?
Dogs were domesticated multiple times millennia ago. Not sure how long it took to make a pet, but it took thousands of years to create an animal that can't breath, can't walk or can fit into a pocketbook.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Point being.......there's no one not 'allowing' the return of wolves

Between wolverines, sierra nevada red fox, and pacific fishers, all of which have been weaponized to exclude the un-preferred user group of choice by rich white fucks I can categorically state the biggest trend I've noticed. All 'sightings' seem to magically occur kinda near highways which means sightings only happen where people are because duh. So real populations are realistically much larger.

And the biggest recovery tool is just not hunting them. Worked for the honkey headed freedom chicken, it's no different with anything else.
At some point we hunted Eagles?
Dogs were domesticated multiple times millennia ago. Not sure how long it took to make a pet, but it took thousands of years to create an animal that can't breath, can't walk or can fit into a pocketbook.
Further proof. Nothing gets by you.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
At some point we hunted Eagles?
Very much so. You know the way they end up on airbrushed t-shirts and hats these days? Imagine the times when everyone hunted and there were no airbrushed t-shirts. People got trophies. Then when we outlawed it.......they're now a 'species of least concern' in terms of listing with the us fish and wildlife service