Quantcast

Oakley Corners - 4/12 (no pics)

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Met up with a couple other guys for a post-work ride at my favorite trails. It was my first ride out there this season and it kicked ass. The trails are broken up into 2 sections - the south side with is generally more modest (not as technical, climbs are less painful) and the north side (more advanced... much more technical and climbs that will make you puke).

The 3 of us were pretty close in ability, so the ride went along very smoothly. We covered about 11 miles in roughly 2hours 45minutes. I was able to ride the entire south side in my middle ring, including the 2 bigger climbs, which I'd never been able to do before. I was very pleased with that. After covering the south side, we had just enough time to do a really good loop on the north side - a brutal climb followed but a couple of really fast sections with tremendous flow. That loop is what makes Oakley Corners a great place to ride.

It was my first big ride of the season and it was a blast! I threshhold (when I really start to feel it in my legs and run out of gas) seems to be right around 2.5 hours... I gotta work on that, but not bad for April.