Quantcast

of angels & faries

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
High Court Denies Bid by [Christian Legal Society]
WASHINGTON—The Supreme Court ruled Monday that a public law school in California could deny recognition to student groups if they don't admit any interested student, in a ruling that touched on freedom of religion and gay rights.

The University of California's Hastings College of the Law in San Francisco refused to accept the Christian Legal Society as a registered student group because, starting in 2004, the organization has held members to a "statement of faith" prohibiting "fornication, adultery and homosexual conduct."
warning - unfortunate wording below:
The Christian organization, according to the court, had sought "special dispensation" from the school's all-comers policy.
sweet, this has to translate to a new dawn of careful-what-you-ask-for jackassery

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Ummm, wouldn't you think a Christian group would want everybody since they're supposed to be busy trying to convert us all?

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
Ummm, wouldn't you think a Christian group would want everybody since they're supposed to be busy trying to convert us all?
i believe you're confusing Christ w/ 'a christian group'

honest mistake; even i make it from time to time

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
so in reading this:
article said:
"If Hastings is correct, a student who does not even believe in the Bible is entitled to demand to lead a Christian Bible study," Mr. McConnell told the Supreme Court at arguments in April.
while repugnant to the faithful, is this not fundamentally the same as taking a religion class taught by an atheist (which, btw, is very likely; even more so in sf).

after all, jesus was a teacher, and he wasn't even christian

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
Imagine that, next thing you're going to tell me is that there are retards who believe that the earth is 6000 years old who feel qualified to teach a science class.

The horror.

Andyman_1970

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2003
The Natural State
I like what X3 said, aren't "these" the people those who follow Christ are suppose to minister to?

These Christians getting their panties all in a wad are distant relatives to the folks who got their panties in a wad when Jesus ate with sluts, tax collectors, drunks, poor rednecks, etc...........

This makes about as much sense as prohibiting abortion AND the public dispersal of cheap/free birth control..........:rolleyes:

as taking a religion class taught by an atheist (which, btw, is very likely; even more so in sf).
I've learned ALOT from atheist teachers who taught about Christianity.....Bart Erhman anyone?? I really enjoy his lectures.

after all, jesus was a teacher, and he wasn't even christian
Nice to know you've been listening all these years.......;)

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
more oppression (halp! halp!)

Florida school district bans Bibles on Religious Freedom Day
school officials claim that Bibles do not provide any educational benefit to the students and the distribution should stop
this is the kind of trolling crap kidwoo would pull if he were a collier county school district supervisor, even if it does require a 7 hr commute.

so, do they plan on banning shakespeare & other literary works based upon the bible?
do they still allow the teachings of greek mythology?

even the openly & rabidly unbelieving hitchens chose to read to his young daughters bible passages b/c he recognized their literary relevance.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
Of course... just like I'm sure you could teach all about Christian Mythology.
but due to the ban by the school system, you cannot teach it.

see the double standard?

[i'm assuming greek mythology is taught in this school system, but truthfully i have no idea]

Andyman_1970

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2003
The Natural State
If it was presented as what it really is, mythology, instead of "the Truth," nobody would give a ****.
I've yet to see in a public school where it was taught as "Truth".......well maybe in Texas....:D

Just because it's presented in a public school doesn't automatically mean it's being taught as "the Truth". I would prefer all major religions be taught (which is the case in our school district), our oldest enjoyed her history class this past year learning about Islam, Buddism, etc.

I think if frothing Christians would settle down and be secure in their faith, and not freak out if other ideas or religions are taught, folks would settle down about the Bible being taught in schools..........just a thought.