Quantcast

Off-season DH lift service or shuttling

kemosabe83

Chimp
Jan 19, 2009
new jersey
So I fractured my heel on Memorial Day this year and am unable to ride DH thru August. So i have been looking into planning an off-season dh getaway. So sometime in Jan-early March I'd like to preferrably do a road trip south west out of dirty Jersey. Is there any lift service spots open this time of the year or do i have to go to South America. Most the spots on the google maps link are closed in the winter. Any ideas you monkeys?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
So I fractured my heel on Memorial Day this year and am unable to ride DH thru August. So i have been looking into planning an off-season dh getaway. So sometime in Jan-early March I'd like to preferrably do a road trip south west out of dirty Jersey. Is there any lift service spots open this time of the year or do i have to go to South America. Most the spots on the google maps link are closed in the winter. Any ideas you monkeys?
sounds like you answered your own question.

year round riding in socal, but like the east coast, lifts shut down by mid-oct for ski season (most sooner than that)

Hesh To Steel

Monkey
Dec 12, 2007
Hell's Kitchen
Hawaii may not work out that well for a road trip. AMIRITE?

Windrock is probably the only place within driving distance but no clue what their trails will be like that time of year.

marshalolson

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2006
the choice is between a short road trip on the east coast or going to south america?

california, arizona, new mexico, nevada, utah all have places that come to mind. heck depending on the winter, there is great riding all over colorado even in jan->march

Hawaii may not work out that well for a road trip. AMIRITE?

Windrock is probably the only place within driving distance but no clue what their trails will be like that time of year.

The good thing about making the trip to Windrock is that the trails can be ridden over the winter(might be muddy oh knows:D) and that another 2 hours down to Chattanooga is the TTC (trials training center, a private moto trials place) that has cabins to rent cheap, showers and 2 sides of a mountain to shuttle DH trails.
Kinda like a 2 in 1 deal.
Just post up in the south forum for conditions and for ride guide
Also a nice stop before/after nationals