Quantcast

Off the deep end...

Lowlight7

Monkey
Apr 4, 2008
Virginia, USA
My mother-in-law informed me yesterday that Jesus came to her in a vision at 0300, and told her to make some whole wheat pancakes.

What exactly are you supposed to say to that?

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
My buddies heavy smoker mother-in-law told him "I prayed to Jesus and he took the smell of smoke out of my house!"

I would like to add this is bad news because your mother-in-law is a preview of your wife when she gets older.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Then, Prince took us inside and made us pancakes.

"I wish I could say the same thing about you and your crew of flunkies"

Jesus, Prince, same thing...

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Oh, well, I guess I won't offer her my recipe for Home Fries Mohammed... (Aka Potatoes a la Akbar).

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
My mother-in-law informed me yesterday that Jesus came to her in a vision at 0300, and told her to make some whole wheat pancakes.

What exactly are you supposed to say to that?
I don't know what's scarier... the fact that your mother-in-law has visions of Jesus, or that she uses military time in everyday conversation. It's always disconcerting when someone talks like that.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I don't know what's scarier... the fact that your mother-in-law has visions of Jesus, or that she uses military time in everyday conversation. It's always disconcerting when someone talks like that.
Is it as bad, or worse than someone who speaks in 3rd person?

I didn't like military time when I was in the military. Lucky for me, the Navy doesn't use it.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
I would have asked for hash browns instead of bacon...and if it is Jesus, make sure its REAL maple syrup. None of that Mrs Butterworths crap...

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
Could you imagine though seeing Jesus appear to you.
You would be like, oh yeah, I am gonna get some knowledge now.
I am about to learn what this life is all about. And then showered in the brightest light you could ever imagine he says...............

"Jeremy my son, thou go forth and maketh teh pancakes.
and whosoever shall make them whole wheat, I will bestoweth on them a free Jesus sucker. Thou choice is cherry or grape."

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
Jeremy R said:
Could you imagine though seeing Jesus appear to you.
You would be like, oh yeah, I am gonna get some knowledge now.
I am about to learn what this life is all about. And then showered in the brightest light you could ever imagine he says...............

"Jeremy my son, thou go forth and maketh teh pancakes.
and whosoever shall make them whole wheat, I will bestoweth on them a free Jesus sucker. Thou choice is cherry or grape."
Wouldn't be any more disconcerting than gettin' whacked out on Scooby Snacks and thinking the refrigerator was going to eat you...especially if you had grape and cherry soda in there.

On a related note: I know what I'm going to be for Halloween. Jesus, brought to you by Amana. Not sure if I want the freezer on the bottom or the top though...