Quantcast

Office Front Page question

Andyman_1970

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2003
The Natural State
Ok here's the situation. The college / twenty something minsitry I lead has a website. I have had one of the students who "specializes" in website design put it together for me. Well, he does good in the begining, but doesn't follow through well..........anyway.

So I've taken it upon myself to update change the site myself. I have MS Front Page, but will admit I don't have the first clue where to start. I thought I could figure it out, I even saved a webpage that I like and thought well I can "massage" this into something I can use.............LOL.........not.

Anyway, what is a good starter manual/book/tutorial anything that could step me through putting a web page together.

You're comments and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Andyman_1970 said:
Ok here's the situation. The college / twnety something minsitry I lead has a website. I have had one of the students who "specializes" in website design put it together for me. Well, he does good in the begining, but doesn't follow through well..........anyway.

So I've taken it upon myself to update change the site myself. I have MS Front Page, but will admit I don't have the first clue where to start. I thought I could figure it out, I even saved a webpage that I like and thought well I can "massage" this into something I can use.............LOL.........not.

Anyway, what is a good starter manual/book/tutorial anything that could step me through putting a web page together.

You're comments and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
www.htmlgoodies.com is a great site to get you started.

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
Heh, I was all prepared to come in and suggest you use Golive instead of Frontpage, but anyways...

Using FP is alot like using Word or any other WYSIWYG editor. I don't know of any decent FP tutorial sites, besides what you could find in Google. But if you hit [F1] on your keyboard that will get you to the help menu and I have always found that to be the best place to start.

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
Andyman_1970 said:
Crap, I looked at golive and it's like $400....................yikes..........
I wouldn't sweat using something like Golive, it is pretty advanced and I even have a hard time getting my head around alot of it.

Just google up some FP tutorials. Although I can probably help with specific questions.

Andyman_1970

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2003
The Natural State
Thanks Tench, I'll keep that in mind. I was able to, through trial and error, figure some stuff out last night.

Thanks again, and I'll holler at you if I get stuck...........