MA/XCO/STXC/DH/DS/Super D

July 7-8, 2007 Sonoma, CA UCI XCO C1*
XCO/STXC/4X/DH/Super D

July 28-29, 2007 Sugar Mountain, NC UCI XCO C1*
XCO/STXC/DH/DS/Super D

August 11-12, 2007 NMBS Finals
Snowmass Village, CO UCI XCO C1*
XCO/STXC/DH/4X/DS/Super D

the official 2007 calendar. this is the supposed to be the final version....

cannondalejunky

ease dropper
Jun 19, 2005
Arkansas
haha they got rid of the 4x in deer valley...i think everyone that was there this year saw that coming...they had the race at a freakin bmx course almost an hour away in salt lake city...all the riders were pretty mad about it

offtheedge

Monkey
Aug 26, 2005
LB
ok well the email from frosty said final...I agree with you but at least now people know where the finals are....

people knew the finals were in Mammoth last year............until Norba, in complete and utter shock realized they had actually planned a DH event on a mountain that has been known from time to time to get what mountain folks call snow:brow:

people knew the finals were in Mammoth last year............until Norba, in complete and utter shock realized they had actually planned a DH event on a mountain that has been known from time to time to get what mountain folks call snow:brow:
wrong finals....you are thinking of championships, which hav ebeen scheduled at mt snow since july....the finals were up for debate on the last schedule that was put out. both location and time were not decided, now they have given both...

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
norba.

:banghead:

it'll be entertaining to watch all this play out again next year.

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
the official 2007 calendar. this is the supposed to be the final version....

May 5-6, 2007 Fontana, CA /MTNX/DH/Super D
May 12-13 UCI World Cup DHI/4X #1Vigo (ESP)
May 25-27 US OPEN
June 9-10 UCI World Cup DHI/4X #2Champéry (SUI)
June 16-17, 2007 Park City, UT /DH/DS/Super D
June 23-24 UCI World Cup DHI/4X #3 Mont-Sainte-Anne (CAN)
June 30-July 1 UCI World Cup DHI/4X #4 Angel Fire Resort (USA)

July 7-8, 2007 Sonoma, CA MTNX/DH/Super D
July 7-8 UCI World Cup DHI/4X #5Europe Schladming (AUT)
July 28-29, 2007 Sugar Mountain, NC DH/DS/Super D
August 11-12, 2007 NMBS Finals Snowmass Village, CO /DH/4X/DS/Super D
September 15-16UCI World Cup DHI/4X #6 Europe Maribor (SLO)

:rolleyes:

May 5-6, 2007 Fontana, CA /MTNX/DH/Super D
May 12-13 UCI World Cup DHI/4X #1Vigo (ESP)
May 25-27 US OPEN
June 9-10 UCI World Cup DHI/4X #2Champéry (SUI)
June 16-17, 2007 Park City, UT /DH/DS/Super D
June 23-24 UCI World Cup DHI/4X #3 Mont-Sainte-Anne (CAN)
June 30-July 1 UCI World Cup DHI/4X #4 Angel Fire Resort (USA)

July 7-8, 2007 Sonoma, CA MTNX/DH/Super D
July 7-8 UCI World Cup DHI/4X #5Europe Schladming (AUT)
July 28-29, 2007 Sugar Mountain, NC DH/DS/Super D
August 11-12, 2007 NMBS Finals Snowmass Village, CO /DH/4X/DS/Super D
September 15-16UCI World Cup DHI/4X #6 Europe Maribor (SLO)

:rolleyes:
hahaha gonna be great to be at sonoma this year....gonna have so many top pros there....

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
not a single venue in the north east... time to step it up east-coast guys. wait, you're already doing that (snowshoe, mtn creek)

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
Only one NORBA DH race on the East Coast sucks!!!!! If it wasn't for Sugar MT being in my back yard I wouldn't even pay my NORBA dues. Having the US Open and all the Snow Shoe races on the East Coast, I am welling to bet East Coast NORBA memberships will have a all time low in 2007.

Cecil

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
not a single venue in the north east... time to step it up east-coast guys. wait, you're already doing that (snowshoe, mtn creek)
that's right.

we don't really need em here.
and their lone appearance here on this coast is at a place nobody really rides that much.

go figure.

nh dude

Monkey
May 30, 2003
Vt
Forget mt snow
Norba should hold the replacement national at Whiteface/Lake Placid
Great mountain great facilities they could definatley do a good job

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
We need to get Red Bull to front some money, to put a race on at the Rock!!!!
heck.
they need to go to sugar mt.

we're relatively self-sufficient and ever expanding.

sugar needs something like that to boost their enthusiasm and start really working that expand the place.
a lift is a terrible thing to waste during the summer season.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
heck.
they need to go to sugar mt.

we're relatively self-sufficient and ever expanding.

sugar needs something like that to boost their enthusiasm and start really working that expand the place.
a lift is a terrible thing to waste during the summer season.
Ah, but the lift is what is causing the lack of enthusiasm.
Double edge sword.:biggrin:

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
Ah, but the lift is what is causing the lack of enthusiasm.
Double edge sword.:biggrin:
yeah, i keep forgetting that.

there's more af a d.h. rider base close to that place than over here.
you guys deserve better.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Sonoma?? What's that course like??? First DH race is Fontana, God what a fun season this is going to be.
As a national DH course, it's terrible. If it were a local race, it might be just ok. It's a slippery, off-camber, dusty as hell single track that winds its way from the top of a 400ft hill - a 2-2:15 minute run. You can practially see the whole course from top to bottom.

:disgust:

In8Racing

Monkey
Jul 5, 2006
Trying to find some skillz...
I'm not worried. I'm a little disappointed that the days of the "cool national" are gone, but I'll still be racing at LEAST once a month from April to October, all within a 4 hour radius - which is cool with me.

Not to mention all the "just plain riding"to be had. Ah, it's good to be back on the East Coast.:happydance:

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
I'm not worried. I'm a little disappointed that the days of the "cool national" are gone, but I'll still be racing at LEAST once a month from April to October - which is cool with me.

Not to mention all the "just plain riding". Ah, it is good to be back on the East Coast.:happydance:
so many of us are resigned to the fact that "just plain riding" is more than satisfying enough.

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
yeah, i keep forgetting that.

there's more af a d.h. rider base close to that place than over here.
you guys deserve better.
Man I'm just waiting for them to have to replace/upgrade their lifts. Only time will tell. A nice detachable quad lift would be stellar. Then they might have more people riding there, which might encourage more trailbuilding...you know the deal. :cheers:

WhiteRavenKS

Turbo Monkey
Aug 8, 2003
neither here nor there
what i'm looking forward to is seeing how many people still end up going to the races. for all the bitching and complaining last off season, there still seemed to be average people racing the series. if what norba is doing really pisses you off- dont go. that maybe will show them your displeasure a lot more than an interwebs forum. actions speak louder than words.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
what i'm looking forward to is seeing how many people still end up going to the races. for all the bitching and complaining last off season, there still seemed to be average people racing the series. if what norba is doing really pisses you off- dont go. that maybe will show them your displeasure a lot more than an interwebs forum. actions speak louder than words.
Yep. I didn't go to a single Nat. race last year. You know what? I didn't miss it one bit. Money talks, so if people want a change, don't go.

driftsrfun

Chimp
Sep 14, 2006
paradise
u people complain way to much about norba, there is still very stiff competition and fun dh courses, and sonoma is fun its dh, unlike fontana. if you spent as much time riding as you did complaining about norba, then you might be good enough to win one...

driftsrfun

Chimp
Sep 14, 2006
paradise
i am not saying norbas are the best things or even good, they lack organization have ****ty gated racing, and dont pay pros, but the dh courses are good, sugar, deervalley, snowmass, mt. snow, and there are world cup athletes still there and lots of competition if you are into racing your bike in the time where you arent complaining, people should just ignore it or go race them, i like riding my bike period so if there is a race with a stop watch i am there

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
u people complain way to much about norba, there is still very stiff competition and fun dh courses, and sonoma is fun its dh, unlike fontana. if you spent as much time riding as you did complaining about norba, then you might be good enough to win one...
Neither Fontana nor Sonoma are National quality downhill courses. not even remotely close. We have local races that put those events to shame.

The only people NOT complaining, are those who weren't around in 1997-2001 when things were what they should be.

It's awesome that you love riding your bike, but why settle for mediocrity?