Quantcast

Official name of trick?

Lux Interior

Monkey
Jun 18, 2005
Is there an established name for hitting a jump, leaning way over the bars and buzzing your helmet on the front tire? I've been hitting the visor on my full face for a while but I just learned that I can also hit my skid lid......yeah pics would be nice but I'm not that techy. So, whats it called?

trust4130

Monkey
Aug 16, 2005
Pennsylvania
It's a "Visor Grinder". "Griz Air" was another name I believe. Kiss of Death comes from new school mx obviously, and the trick you are refering to has been around since the stone age. Bob Hanna may also get some partial credit here as well.

bikenweed

Turbo Monkey
Oct 21, 2004
Los Osos
Yeah, it's a visor grinder. Griz Air is similar, but with one foot off, behind the bike, the bike pushed beyond vertical, and the face/visor area next to the front tire. Please do not confuse the two.

griz air

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
The guys I grew up riding with would call it a "Hannah" when we got way over the front. Hitting a visor on the tire is easy, we'd often get our ear next to the axle.
Yeah, visor grinder.
"Kiss of Death" has your feet straight up, like an extreme "superman" and a "Hannah" put together.

Lux Interior

Monkey
Jun 18, 2005
Thanks, I've started kicking one leg way back to "Griz" it out. It is pretty old skool, the one big hit in our indoor park just shoots you straight up with little hang time, so this is an easy trick to pull, and hey, who else has hookworm skid marks on their lid?