Quantcast

Oh boy, more Kingdom Trails pics!

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
:picsstfu:

Myself, Wife, Quo Fan, BigT, Woodsguy and Woodsgal spent this past weekend at KT. It's getting more and more difficult to book a B&B there on short notice, so MBC and I decided that camping was a better alternative than not going.

We met Woodsguy and wife at Cracker Barrel for some pre-ride grease loading, then headed up north. We pulled into East Burke around 1:00 and immediately hit the trails.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
MBC absolutely LOVED the toll road climb to Dead Moose Alley. She was sad the climb was only about 3/4 mile. :(

Woodguywife on Upper Dead Moose Alley.

...followed by Woodsguy.

Awwwwwwww! :D

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
We got hailed on Friday and took cover under some trees. The rain only lasted about 10 minutes. :monkeydance:

Stupid mud. If I knew I was going to get dirty, I wouldn't have ridden.

My bike.

Post ride coin operated bike wash.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
We camped at White Caps campground on Lake Willoughby, about 20 minutes north. We were a little less-than-excited about these campsites. They were stuffed up way the hell out of the way near the main road. This was the entire campsite MBC and I had...

After we unloaded half the truck, the campground manager informed us that we were in the wrong spots. D'oh! We had much roomier spots down in the main area. Much better. :) This is mine and MBC's setup. Not bad for camping n00bs.

MBC, Mrs Woodsguy, Woodsguy enjoying the Lake Willoughby view at dusk.

PAMCAKES!

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
We managed a three hour ride Saturday despite LOTS of rain earlier in the day. We got out on the trails around 1:00 and got in three good hours. The sky looked like this most of the day but we didn't get rained on.

Woodsguy on the BRAND SPANKIN NEW trail that parallel's Tody's. That trail will be awesome once it's broken in.

MBC follows.

MBC enjoying the sweetness that is Sidewinder.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
We had to bail at noon Sunday and managed to ride a couple of hours before heading back home.

COWS.

Our campsite was in Willoughby Gap....waaaaaay the hell off in the distance in the center of this pic.

Zoomed view.

MBC and Mrs Woodsguy on the climb up to Darling Hill Road.

We had a great weekend riding and hanging with Mr and Mrs Woodsguy, Quo Fan, and BigT. Hopefully it's not the last trip up there this year. :)

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Did you know there's singletrack just past the gate/Burke Mtn campground on the right that takes you up to Dead Moose? It's called Campland, or something similar, and gets you off the pavement.
Is that the nasty switchback trail that goes up along the road on the same side as the campground? I think I'd rather be on the road! :eek:

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Cool pics.

MBC - constrtuctive observation - have IAB take a photo of you with your pedals at 6 and 12 o'clock. Looks to me like you could raise your saddle a smidgen higher (maybe an inch?).