Quantcast

Oh Carbon is nice very very nice...

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
My new Specialized Roubaix Pro. Had it about 2 weeks. Still getting the positioning right but its a very sweet ride. The saddle is a boat anchor and it sucks on top of that so thats getting replaced in the next few weeks.

Sherpa

Basking in fail.
Jan 28, 2004
Arkansaw
Wow that thing is hawt. Been thinking about getting a Roubaix Elite...

What size and how tall are you?

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Sherpa said:
Wow that thing is hawt. Been thinking about getting a Roubaix Elite...

What size and how tall are you?
6' even. Its the 56cm, with a 120 stem. Believe it or not I still feel kinda stretched out. I've had to keep the saddle back because its completely uncomfortable any other way. So I think that once I get the saddle where it needs to be it should be spot on.

Sherpa

Basking in fail.
Jan 28, 2004
Arkansaw
DRB said:
6' even. Its the 56cm, with a 120 stem. Believe it or not I still feel kinda stretched out. I've had to keep the saddle back because its completely uncomfortable any other way. So I think that once I get the saddle where it needs to be it should be spot on.
Yea, i really like Specialized stuff now. The quality blows my SantaCruz and Fisher out of the water. The stuff is amazing.

And i need a road bike to train on and when your buds bail on a ride. :mad:

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Silver said:
Ugly bike.

Your whole drivetrain is made out out metal... :D
Some guy in New Zealand claims his new plastic chains will take over the market within 3 years...once he perfects them for bikes. Derived from industrial stuff somehow.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Silver said:
That's a cool idea...chainrings and cassettes as well, or just the chain?
Just the chain. Says it's ultra-silent and smooth. Of course it is...it's his product...

Pau11y

Turbo Monkey
MikeD said:
Just the chain. Says it's ultra-silent and smooth. Of course it is...it's his product...
Got a linky? I'd like to read more on this. I can see it working well for somfin like a gearbox or internally geared rear, but the chewin' it'll get from shifting... I'm a bit skeptical about the longevity of plastics in this application, especially going up against the steel shift pins and the sharp edges of the machined shift ramps.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
Jeez, nice ride DRB.
All the old Dhers are just riding road now.
Matt told me this weekend that Donovan is riding all road and showed up at a crit in Greenville, SC. testing the limits of lycra. What is the world coming to? :)

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Jeremy R said:
Jeez, nice ride DRB.
All the old Dhers are just riding road now.
Matt told me this weekend that Donovan is riding all road and showed up at a crit in Greenville, SC. testing the limits of lycra. What is the world coming to? :)
I've done more road races (4) in the last year than I have DH races (1) .... how pathetic is that. But I'm convinced that crits are 10000 times more dangerous than any DH I've ever done.

jdschall said:
Nice stainless fridge. Is that 300 series stainless?
Its actually paper mache'.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
DRB said:
But I'm convinced that crits are 10000 times more dangerous than any DH I've ever done.
Yeah screw that. Those things scare me to death. A bunch of shaky bike handlers all screming into the same asphault corner. I will take my chances with the rocks and trees. :blah:
I do my road rides solo. I have enough trouble dodging F350's pulling trailers. :dead: