Quantcast

Oh goodie more Pac NW ride pix!

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
It's been pissing rain for days in the Puget Sound area, we're very fortunate to be able to go to the other side of the Cascade Range to escape the gloomy weather.
Trailhacker checkin out the view on Mission Ridge trailhead overlooking Wenatchee and the Columbia River and the rolling feilds of Eastern Washington beyond.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
was sunny and 70 down below, but up here about 5000 feet in the sky it's damn chilly, so gear was gathered chit chat was at a minimum and we were hurrying off.

New Monkey Warider was great ridin with ya man. :)

WaRider's pals, they came overdressed for this party but still fun was to be had, and "Huck" the dog was diggin the descent!

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Trailhacker and Snacks Pac NW's happy :monkey: couple.

Snacks cooling off her feet, and brake rotors.:)

And back up the hill to collect the cars. good times good times.;)

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Originally posted by chicodude01
looks like fun, those bikes look a bit overkill for that trail, but thats just me?
no you're right, but WaRider and his pals don't have trail bikes, like we did. It was a shuttle but the trail is 13 miles or so, all downhill but definately not a "DH" trail. Sometimes you just gotta make due with what you got, at least they didn't have to ride up with them bikes....:dead: :dead: :dead:

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
yea, still looks like fun.

i was in this cross country trail today which you could do with a full rigid, and a saw some gouy on a shockwave 9.5 with a shiver up front. he looked like he had no idea what he was doing. i just started laughing:p

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Originally posted by dwaugh
Skookum, you gotta come up and ride galby sometime soon and get some riding pics there. I'm free on most weekends, just let me know when you wanna come up here.
i was thinking about this Monday haha but i'm still on the fence, wanna see what the weather's gonna do. i'll let you know tomorrow night.:)

dwaugh

Turbo Monkey
May 23, 2002
Bellingham, Washington ~ U.S.A.
Originally posted by Skookum
i was thinking about this Monday haha but i'm still on the fence, wanna see what the weather's gonna do. i'll let you know tomorrow night.:)
I looked earlier today and the weather for monday said 30% chance of precipitation - A.M. showers. Should be a good day. I got my hardtail together with new brakes tonight, should be a great trail bike now. I'd like to use my Stinky, but oh well, c'mon, lets go ride galby on monday!
PM me.

WARider

Monkey
May 21, 2003
Good riding with you today Skookum! Nice to meet you and snacks and the rest of the crew. We had a blast, a bit overkill for sure but like you said, you gotta make due with what you got. Hoping to get a VT2 or something along those lines for XC riding.

Thanks for showing us around, I look forward to riding with you and the crew again!

~Josh

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Sweet! Since I'm moving back to the PNW - I may have to come up a little bit further and visit for some rides. When I lived up in WA I didn't ride at all so I don't know the good spots.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Originally posted by Heidi
Sweet! Since I'm moving back to the PNW - I may have to come up a little bit further and visit for some rides. When I lived up in WA I didn't ride at all so I don't know the good spots.
i know me and Serial Midget are gonna meet for an Ape Canyon/Plains of Abraham Mt. St. Helens ride every year from now on. i think that would be a great spot for PNW monkeys to congregate for a get together every year.
But other than that i'm always down for sharin the bikey knowledge, it's simple the more trails people know, the funner mt. biking is, more mt. bikers enjoyin the "sport/recreation", we'll have it made.
I hear there are GREAT trails around Mt. Adams and Mt. Hood closer to the where you're gonna be. Hope to ask you someday where the goodies are.:)

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Great pics!

Everyone is smiling in that shuttle truck so even thought their rigs may have been overkill it definitely didn't deter them from having a kickass time. :cool: :thumb:

WARider

Monkey
May 21, 2003
The trail was alot of fun! A bit out of the way to get to, especially the last leg of the fireroad where we were climbing over stumps and snow patch's but it was fun. I definently would like to hit that up with a 5 inch xc bike with shorts, t-shirt and a dirt lid rather than full on DH gear...

But it was fun, and I definently would do it again!