Quantcast

Oh great... RedSox on the cover of SI

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Well, Curt Shilling, specifically. Just when they were hitting their stride... let the jinx begin.

Thanks for nothin SI (ya freakin bastards).

Damn True

Monkey Pimp
Sep 10, 2001
Between a rock and a hard place.
jacksonpt said:
Well, Curt Shilling, specifically. Just when they were hitting their stride... let the jinx begin.

The Sox jinx has existed long before and will remain long after Sports Illustrated.

The Cubs Giants, and Indians will ALL win one before the Sox. Hell, the Boston Bruins have a better chance of winning the World Series.

Take that IRB :p

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
jacksonpt said:
Yeah... like this was "The Year" - just like every other year since before I was even a gleam in my daddy's eyes... and before my Daddy was even a gleam in my grandfather's eye...

Has history taught you NOTHING!

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Slugman said:
Has history taught you NOTHING!
It's taught me that I'm a glutton for punishment.

GOOO SOX!

But for the record... I'd be happy (well, mostly) if the Sox/Yanks meet again this year in the ALCS and have as good a series as they did last year. Even though they lost, that was the best baseball I've ever seen.

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
jacksonpt said:

GOOO SOX!
I loved living in Boston and hearing everyone talk about "THIS YEAR..." every F'ing spring, and then listening to them b*tch every fall.

It's like watching a person who touches a stove and gets a burn b/c it's hot, but then they touch it again with the same result. After a while of seeing them do this you just don't feel bad b/c it's their own stupidity... and it's funny!

Craw

Monkey
Mar 17, 2002
jacksonpt said:

Schilling's body looks weird on the cover.

Damn True

Monkey Pimp
Sep 10, 2001
Between a rock and a hard place.
I Are Baboon said:
Hey that's a pretty good Wild Card race you've got going on in the NL. Good stuff!
They'll blow it. They always do, and this years team isn't 1/2 as good as the last 5

...for the record, the 49ers might win a World Series before the Giants. But the Giants will win before the Sox. ;)

MtnBikerNJ

Monkey
Mar 5, 2003
jerrrrrsey
jacksonpt said:

GOOO SOX!

But for the record... I'd be happy (well, mostly) if the Sox/Yanks meet again this year in the ALCS and have as good a series as they did last year. Even though they lost, that was the best baseball I've ever seen.
yea I heard that. it was a damn good series. although i'm GLAD they lost - GO YANKEES!

and yes, I know about the "big loss" we just had... but the season ain't over until the SOX LOSE THE SERIES!

schwaaa31

Turbo Monkey
Jul 30, 2002
Clinton Massachusetts
MtnBikerNJ said:
yea I heard that. it was a damn good series. although i'm GLAD they lost - GO YANKEES!

and yes, I know about the "big loss" we just had... but the season ain't over until the SOX LOSE THE SERIES!

The season aint over til the Yanks lose to the MARLINS! Ha ha...oh wait that was last year.