Quantcast

OH LOURDES

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
Other thoughts I had.
I think Vergier has really grown on me. I use to think he is to fucking soft,he ain’t got enough Beef on his Body. I was wrong,what he lacks in Mass,he more than makes up for with his pure soft touch of kissing the earth on his bike. To me,he looks as if he is just skating downhill on ice. Carving with little effort,every move is Butter Smooth and All can tell he is ahead of the Trail,even at Mach 1 Speed. Unreal.

I am putting Verg and Benoit for the Battle to Death for the #1 Plate.

I am Livid about Gwin. Don’t understand? I can not think of his teammate off hand,but he had good run. He was representing Intense,properly.

Neko is on another level to me,glad to see it. Wallace did well.

Mad Props to that enduro rider that placed Top 15 was it? Insane,ok boy’s, I have come to play with you all.

Last,I am worried about the next Race,Greg is a Beast on this track,but I stand Firm.

Top three in no order,Greg,Verg,Benoit.
Avy

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Other thoughts I had.
I think Vergier has really grown on me. I use to think he is to fucking soft,he ain’t got enough Beef on his Body. I was wrong,what he lacks in Mass,he more than makes up for with his pure soft touch of kissing the earth on his bike. To me,he looks as if he is just skating downhill on ice. Carving with little effort,every move is Butter Smooth and All can tell he is ahead of the Trail,even at Mach 1 Speed. Unreal.

I am putting Verg and Benoit for the Battle to Death for the #1 Plate.

I am Livid about Gwin. Don’t understand? I can not think of his teammate off hand,but he had good run. He was representing Intense,properly.

Neko is on another level to me,glad to see it. Wallace did well.

Mad Props to that enduro rider that placed Top 15 was it? Insane,ok boy’s, I have come to play with you all.

Last,I am worried about the next Race,Greg is a Beast on this track,but I stand Firm.

Top three in no order,Greg,Verg,Benoit.
Avy
but this week's nose studded frenchman has won twice there recently...benoit is a beast tho. and i've been burned by loris too often on my fantasy team over the past few years. he can be great, but so inconsistent.

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
but this week's nose studded frenchman has won twice there recently...benoit is a beast tho. and i've been burned by loris too often on my fantasy team over the past few years. he can be great, but so inconsistent.
Yes,indeed he has won twice. I think It was toodels that said: he look’ed like Arney coming back from his injuries. IE Roids,I would agree 100% on that. His Neck,Shoulders,Arms,could not see his Legs,but he look’ed Pumped Up. Even his Face look’ed thicker,still does. I do not play Fantasy,to stressfull for me. However,If I am right,then I will have to hide my thought’s in the Future. For All will gain and Avy gets nothin. Fuck That.

True Story: The SF 49res were 1 and 10,then they Drafted a QB named Jimmy G from the Patriots. I said,the next year they are going to the Super Bowl. The Odds were Stupid Crazy,my dumb ass did not bet it in LV. All the Folks here were laughing at Avy. No Way Avy,Yes watch and see I said. Jimmy took them to the Super Bowl,and they should have Won,but did not. Avy said,”they will go to the Super Bowl,I did not have the Gut Feeling they would Win it,so I stuck to Going to the Super Bowl”. Lord have Mercy,I should put down money! Please Don’t ask Avy the Odds in LV on the 9ers odds getting to the Super Bowl.

I also agree on Verg being inconsistent,however,I think that was due to age and getting his feet wet. His Feet are Wet Brother,I Feel he is Ready.

Last,I just go off of my guts,even if I don’t want Frenchies to win. I have to speak the truth. Like all matters.
Avy

aaronjb

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2010
Gwin still wearing shorts? So 2012.

Lord Bummer did a nice job on the mic. Maybe he's accepted that the days on winning races with your forearms parallel to the ground and elbows tucked in are over.

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006

Qualifying crash
I do not know what to say.? Jimeney Crickets,somethin ain’t right? What the Fuck Gwin? This is Far Below what “We as Fan’s”,expect to see,yet alone you’re Sponsers. Come on,the Bike looks like an abortion,was it the New Tires That made you crash? Was it Fucking the Intense Frame? Get Back to the Fucking Root’s. You are Killing me Every Race,but I will always be there in the End.
Avy

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
I do not know what to say.? Jimeney Crickets,somethin ain’t right? What the Fuck Gwin? This is Far Below what “We as Fan’s”,expect to see,yet alone you’re Sponsers. Come on,the Bike looks like an abortion,was it the New Tires That made you crash? Was it Fucking the Intense Frame? Get Back to the Fucking Root’s. You are Killing me Every Race,but I will always be there in the End.
Avy
Looks like he came in too hot, got off line and dumped it on a rock.

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
Gwin still wearing shorts? So 2012.

Lord Bummer did a nice job on the mic. Maybe he's accepted that the days on winning races with your forearms parallel to the ground and elbows tucked in are over.
aaronjb,with all due respect Brother,Gwin wearing shorts is not 2012. Silly Rabbit,if the Pro’s wanna wear shorts,then it must be. Gwin,and all other Pro’s,can wear whatever the Fuck they want to,cause there Pro’s. Word.
Avy

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
aaronjb,with all due respect Brother,Gwin wearing shorts is not 2012. Silly Rabbit,if the Pro’s wanna wear shorts,then it must be. Gwin,and all other Pro’s,can wear whatever the Fuck they want to,cause there Pro’s. Word.
Avy

You must be new here. Fashion in DH is more important than going fast.

jeremy_2640

Monkey
Oct 4, 2007
Melbourne
Did anyone else notice the Commencal team are all on Crankbros Synthesis wheels - not their sponos wheels - Enve....My count was 4 out of the 10 Podiums were on synthesis.

Too many broken Enves? No confidence in them? Performance advantage on the CB's? Also no winning bike checks on PB/Vital. Get your tin foil hats on and start spreading the conspiracy theories!

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
Did anyone else notice the Commencal team are all on Crankbros Synthesis wheels - not their sponos wheels - Enve....My count was 4 out of the 10 Podiums were on synthesis.

Too many broken Enves? No confidence in them? Performance advantage on the CB's? Also no winning bike checks on PB/Vital. Get your tin foil hats on and start spreading the conspiracy theories!
I thought they ditched Enve this year?

Rhubarb

Monkey
Jan 11, 2009
What a sick race, track and way to start the season. Now we are all frothing and have to wait forever to Ft. Bill. It must be hard on the riders to wait that long.

the ladies were insane.

aside from the mental riding, what blew my mind was how Kade’s time held for so long with fast riders coming down and not knocking him off the top step. Then things started to change and boys like Laurie came down on smokers, but times were tight. Then Luca comes down on a screamer and 1.5sec faster if I recall, and it seemed like a winner. The times kept tumbling and some big margins. Reflecting it makes fast times from earlier rides look like they were way off with no chance of winning. Mental how fast the to 5 were.

loris is so smooth and the Trek bikes look great on track. Massive result from Finn. Pierron is insane.

did I say how fucking awesome this track was. Great for us spectators, true test for riders and bike and stoked it was dry.

had tickets for Ft. Bill but had to refund them yesterday. Wife got dates wrong when booking flights home to SA and we are getting back on the race weekend. Gutted but looking forward to some quality surf.

I expect all riders will be back to the drawing board for the next race. They must be thinking how the hell they can go any faster now they know how mental and pinned everyone is this year

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
did I say how fucking awesome this track was. Great for us spectators, true test for riders and bike and stoked it was dry
Yeah the track televised super well hey, and despite really trying their luck with the early scheduling the weather was mint.

I know it shouldn't be the deciding factor, but some tracks definitely make for better viewing. Years ago they used Val Disere for a WC and it was like a cauldron with nearly full coverage top to bottom. Made for an epic watch

FlipSide

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
I have to say I really like the concept of a super early race with a long delay until the next one. Certain teams will not have completed the pre-season testing and this race will tell them how much work is still needed to get up to pace.

A bit like the Covid-induced double-programs of 2020 and 2021: It adds some new challenges for the teams and racers, but it's good for the show.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
Avy
Lulz.
Get a grip Stan.
This is just bike racing.
Shit happens.
1746640B-4DF5-4853-8BAD-8F61579847A2.jpeg

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006
Anyone else take note of how relatively few crashes happened in the men's finals compared to normal? No data to reference here, but I recall most finals having every 4th or so rider stacking up in the top 40.

vivisectxi

Monkey
Jan 14, 2021
yeast van
^for sure. benefit of dry conditions? and not one dnf out of 60 starters - pretty impressive. great to see clean, (relatively) safe racing. hate watching these guys break themselves.

FlipFantasia

Turbo Monkey
Oct 4, 2001
Sea to Sky BC
I feel like they were really good when they were curated a lot closer...then it kinda got super unwieldy with the really long interviews and jamming in a lot more photos, but a lot that weren't always the best of the best...and it kind of just diluted itself, imo.

slimshady

¡Mira, una ardilla!
Vital is Google's data hungry child. If you look at the code for each page it loads about the same amount of content as it does of trackers and external JavaScript. I've reported them the malfunctioning of their galleries a number of times, since I've got a centralized AdBlock solution both at my work and at home. They worked to solve the issues, but the time it takes to load given the amount of shit their webpages try to load for advertising is baffling.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Vital is Google's data hungry child. If you look at the code for each page it loads about the same amount of content as it does of trackers and external JavaScript. I've reported them the malfunctioning of their galleries a number of times, since I've got a centralized AdBlock solution both at my work and at home. They worked to solve the issues, but the time it takes to load given the amount of shit their webpages try to load for advertising is baffling.
so you're saying its a site to browse with duckduckgo... :secret:

Fool

The Thing cannot be described
Sep 10, 2001
Brooklyn
^How about Dak Norton with way less time on that wonky proto race bike with questionable tires just missing out on cracking the top 10 and beating his boss by 21 spots. That kid deserves to be on a much better team.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
the same IT team (vital media net) manages the backend for all vital sites (vital mx, and formerly vital bmx). spomer et al doesn't have that much direct control over that kind of stuff.

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
I retract my comment about the shorts and will find something else to make fun of Gwin for.
Oh,you retract the comment do you? To late Brother. That’s nice of you to do so. Gay Ass Fashion Police Cunt’s
you are. Don’t worry about their Fucking Clothing. It is in the Riding. Yet here I am telling you to not worry about it? I already gave reasons to be upset about my Boy. You a Diva? A Lady? What is you’re next complaint about Gwin?
Avy

Kurt_80

Monkey
Jan 25, 2016
Perth, WA.
Oh,you retract the comment do you? To late Brother. That’s nice of you to do so. Gay Ass Fashion Police Cunt’s
you are. Don’t worry about their Fucking Clothing. It is in the Riding. Yet here I am telling you to not worry about it? I already gave reasons to be upset about my Boy. You a Diva? A Lady? What is you’re next complaint about Gwin?
Avy
Dood, I don't know who tf you are, but I'm now almost more looking forward to your offbeat acerbic rants than I am to actual mtb content.

Almost.