Quantcast

Ohio's WIN BIKE

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Not ours, but same thing:
That is an old E-model with a hydraulic actuated tool changer. Delta models are cam driven and about three times as fast. Some of the finest machines ever made.

Back to your regularly scheduled electric moto thread.

So how much power, torque does this thing have and how much does it weigh?

Last edited:

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
I would like one day to see an electric bike with a small trans on it... maybe a push button shift or something like that but I see some potential there for what wcould be an extremly fast bike

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
What about your PCB (SMT) or LED light assembly (both likely not in house though)? Those are impressive machines too:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
what about spoked wheels....i want this upgrade....

+

brrraaaaaaaappppttthhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
What about your PCB (SMT) or LED light assembly (both likely not in house though)?
Yup, proprietary electronics, but not in house MFG of the chips or PCBs. For the lighting, we'll actually use an existing lamp and reflector that are already DOT approved and only tool up new plastic surrounds to fit our design. Gotta prioritize at this stage.

what about spoked wheels....i want this upgrade....

brrraaaaaaaappppttthhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
MX is obviously on spoked wheels. The base supermoto may end up being spoked as well, depending on where this wheel contract lands. The OZ's on the bike at the unveiling may have to be a factory option - pretty, but pricey.

Baseball card and clothespin are going into the $2500 limited edition, commemorative, replica-internal-combustion package.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
1. There should be a BRAPPP pipe so that you can fake throttle it at traffic lights
2. Should have known Sanjuro would find something to protest! Did he wear a bandana?
I would have used Renthals instead of Pro-Tapers.

No name fork and shock? Showa/Ohlins my man.

I did like the color though.

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
I would have used Renthals instead of Pro-Tapers.

No name fork and shock? Showa/Ohlins my man.

I did like the color though.
Fork and shock were Kayaba, beeotch, but no contract, no stickers. WP is the current front-runner for production and we're pretty happy about that.

For the supermoto, we may go Ohlins as an option, but the big O actually has little or no cacheTTE in off-road. It's Showa, Kayaba, WP, or nothing in motocross.

edit - for Toshi

Last edited:

UiUiUiUi

Turbo Monkey
Feb 2, 2003
Berlin, Germany
maybe i just did not find it or read over it

but whats the range/duration you can ride with one charge
and how long will it take to recharge?
how about lifetime of that battery?

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
the big O actually has little or no cache in off-road
"Cachet", my good man. Just because you're a CEO now doesn't mean you don't have to pay attention to word choice. :D

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Fork and shock were Kayaba, beeotch, but no contract, no stickers. WP is the current front-runner for production and we're pretty happy about that.
My Husaberg was WP front/ Ohlins rear and I loved it. Best setup EVAR!.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Last edited:

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Ohio's numbers don't factor in how I am going to steal electricity from work, friends, illegal feeds, etc.

Stealing gas is so much harder after you tear out the gas nozzle away from the pump.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
There are charging stations at my office and the Chevron down the street from me has free charging stations, too.

Other environmentally sound features at the c-store include geothermal heating and cooling, which reduces heating and air conditioning costs by more than 80 percent; biodiesel fuel at the pumps; and an EV electric-charging station.

But is an electric charging station really necessary at this early stage of the game? Barman believes so. Pointing to the fact that people will one day be driving electric cars, he noted that the store's location in a shopping center makes it ideal for motorists to come and "top off" while shopping. "Our hope is that they will come back with their regular cars, get gas and shop at ExtraMile," he added.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
What level plug do they need? Standard or the one my washer is plugged into?

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
What level plug do they need? Standard or the one my washer is plugged into?
2 kWh shouldn't take too long to charge off 120V. Sure, it'd be faster if they had a higher-kW 240V charger, but with such a small battery in the grand scheme it's not a big deal.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
And can we get a custom Ridemonkey-green chassis?
I would be happy with an RM wrap. I could shoot the frame in Rootbeer powder. :rofl:

Ohio, any chance for a 2-fer kit? KTM offered a dual kit a few years ago. Basically an SM set of wheels/tires with rotors/sprocket to swap the dirt for street.